What's new

IBA Hours?

MDrost1

Reaction score
Folks,

I own a 5+1 Touchless Automatic. Since I've owned the place it has been a 24/7 operation. I do have business in the evening, but it usually drops off about 11pm and picks up about 7am.

I am wondering if anyone shuts their IBA during overnight hours?
If so, why did you decide to set hours?
Has it been beneficial?

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't see any benefit in closing the auto bay other than saving a little electricity on the lights, which you could do with adaptive lighting (A motion sensor at the cashier and something to kick the lights on when a wash is purchased).

Roz

Reaction score
First thing I did when I purchased my car wash was turn off the timer that controlled the IBA and keep the front LED lights on all day long. Light helps the IBA get noticed more and customers appreciate the 24-7 hours. Overall operating costs have not increased from the change and I got more goodwill (based on customer comments). People are noticing the changes being made under the new ownership....

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Touchless - open 24/7, why shut it down ever?
Soft Touch - open 4a-10p, don’t want a knucklehead trying to wash and messing it up with no one around.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I leave mine open all the time, but I have someone onsite 24/7 - or within 2-3 minutes.

The only issue I've had to deal with is the occasional time when a customer stops the wash in progress before the entry door shuts, and leaves the wash...leaving the door open in the cold. Maybe it's a nuance with my particular system but the door won't close until I reset the machine/teller.

Etowah