What's new

IBA Exit w/ Oscillating Dryers

Etowah

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I had a bit of a panic attack last night and I'm hoping you guys can help me come up with a solution. The exit to my automatic is not heated and is asphalt. Earlier this spring, I upgraded my Dryer Pro system so that the top two dryers now oscillate. I'm concerned that with overspray and ice buildup that it may "push" cars around as they are exiting through the dryers...

At this point, ripping out the asphalt is not an option so I'm wondering what kind of creative ideas you guys might have concerning my perceived problem. :confused:

pitzerwm

Reaction score
What about placing 2" angle iron however long you think is needed running the same direction as the car is driving. The "peak" would be up. ^ You would use a 16 penny nail, maybe longer to hold them in place, three or four on each side would catch all sizes of cars.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I would look into buying some old entrance rails and converting them into exit rails. I have them from old Automatics and I feel sure many others do as well. Also they should be readily available from used equipment dealers.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I got them from www.recycledplasticman.com The web site doesn't seem to work now. I just bought them last summer. Below is the contact info I copied from an e-mail from them.

Faye Najar
Recycled Plastic Factory
530 Paul Morris Drive
Englewood, FL 34223
941-473-1618 or 941-628-2374 (cell)
Fax: 941-473-0131

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Be sure to alert your snowplow guy about anything you put down outside the bay. I ended up ripping out the asphalt and putting in a concrete heated exit apron.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I contacted Faye and am waiting on a quote now. Thanks for the contact. Have you been pleased with the quality so far?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
No problems at all. They still look as good as they did when we planted them, and work as well as we hoped. You couldn't give me a set of guide rails after having these.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Sorry for the gigantic picture but that is what I ended up putting together to help from cars getting "pushed" around by the dryers.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wondered about a heated industrial mat or belt. it would be us guys who made the mistake of not heating an external pad that gets wet.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Email the pix to yourself and that might reduce the size, putting the actual 8M picture is too large. Reduce it to 500x400 more or less.

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
If that doesn't work you could try "roller type" rails that are used in guiding a car onto a conveyor. What often happens in a situation like yours is that the car accelerates when the blower shuts off, spins the rear tires (if rear wheel drive) and pitches the vehicle sideways...don't ask me how I know that:rolleyes: