What's new

IBA : Clear Coat / Sealer / Drying Agent

soonermajic

Reaction score
Has anybody used Kleen-Seal, from K-R? 30 gal is $360. They've talked to me about it twice now.
How bout Simoniz Tropical Bay Blue Lagoon? Only $87 for 15 gal.

mac

Reaction score
Look, life is too short to drink cheap liquor or use cheap products. Your customers will notice. Ask them to send a rep to your wash, put the product online, and see how it does. That's what we do. If they won't do that I suggest you keep looking. A good chemical rep should be able to check everything associated with your chemicals. This includes, but not limited to, water hardness, screens and diaphragm in the tan, titration testing and surfactant flow. If you want to do it right there is more than simply putting a suction hose in a bucket.

Randy

Reaction score
Simoniz Tropical Bay Blue Lagoon and Kleen-Rite Deep Blue Foaming Shine Sealant are the same garbage. We tried it once and never again. The Kleen-Seal would be a much better option. Like Mac has said don't be cheap, buy a good product and good liquor.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep. A chemical guy to help set all up makes a huge difference. Took me 10years to figure that out as I had allegiance to my distributor...Chemicals were not their thing.

I can’t say enough about JBS and Marco. I’m getting cleaner cars and less per vehicle soap expense.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac & Randy, I agree, but I do not have any competition, so why use the expensive stuff when I can use cheaper stuff (if it stil does a good job)?
Chaz, I would LOVE to try those JBS soaps, but I am not sure there is a JBS rep in the Dallas market...?

Bighead,
I had forgot about that. I own 3 washes myself,,,but I am definitely a DumbA$$ when it comes to a lot of carwash stuff. What is the dilution rate of that Shore CC/Drying Aid? does it come in a 30 or 55 gal as well?

mac

Reaction score
So I just want to understand this situation. You say you have no competition. You say you want to cut costs as your main priority. You did not say your primary goal is to provide your customers with the best possible service available. Well, good luck buddy. You'll need it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mac, quit putting words in my mouth & grow up. You're sometimes as bad as RR.

Now, I think I will try the Kleen-Seal. $360 for 30 gal + tax & shipping is about $600, & that is NOT cheap. It is also only 240/1, so not super concentrated.