What's new

IBA blowdown

wash4me

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a blowdown system on a Washworld high velocity. My front door broke and instead of fixing it I want a blow down system. Anyone have a working system? I found some old post where Lag had success.

washnshine

Reaction score
I am wanting to install a blowdown system on a Washworld high velocity. My front door broke and instead of fixing it I want a blow down system. Anyone have a working system? I found some old post where Lag had success.
I have not seen Lag around the forum too much - maybe try a pm.

Blanco

Reaction score
Thats not going to work. Why not just fix the door? What kind of door is it? What broke?

wash4me

Reaction score
Airlift doors where the plastic hinges have no aluminum left to bolt onto. My door guy said he needed to take the door out completely to fix it. Lag Remember here and he was manager for a number of washers where they have a system installed the blew down the bays. They are a few hundred miles north of me so if it works for them it should work for me.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I think your ability to continue washing cars in cold temperatures should out weigh the decision to do a blow down. My first wash did not have doors and I constantly had to shut the wash down or melt ice from the weeps every morning before I could start washing cars. The doors have been absolutely one of the best investments I have made. I think you are going to put a lot of time and $$ in doing a blow down and still end up fixing or replacing the doors.

I assume these are the air operated polycarbonate doors? What size are they? I'm getting ready to rip out 4 of them and replace with vinyl doors at a site that I just purchased. If they are the same size, I'll make you a hell of a deal!

Lighthouse.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
ive got an open bay no doors with a Razor Edge, i have both weep and blow down on mine i can choose what i want to use. Works just fine.

wash4me

Reaction score
I think your ability to continue washing cars in cold temperatures should out weigh the decision to do a blow down. My first wash did not have doors and I constantly had to shut the wash down or melt ice from the weeps every morning before I could start washing cars. The doors have been absolutely one of the best investments I have made. I think you are going to put a lot of time and $$ in doing a blow down and still end up fixing or replacing the doors.

I assume these are the air operated polycarbonate doors? What size are they? I'm getting ready to rip out 4 of them and replace with vinyl doors at a site that I just purchased. If they are the same size, I'll make you a hell of a deal!

Lighthouse.
Thanks for the perspective. Did you have floor heat in your bay you had trouble with? I am talking about running one door so the wind would not blow through. The doors I have are 10 by 10. Where are you located? PM if you prefer. Thanks

wash4me

Reaction score
ive got an open bay no doors with a Razor Edge, i have both weep and blow down on mine i can choose what i want to use. Works just fine.
Thanks, Can you tell me is how long is the blow down? Is there more than one blow down? Does it use full pressure compressed air? How big is the solenoid valve? Does it have a separate valve for the underbody and the L arm?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective. Did you have floor heat in your bay you had trouble with? I am talking about running one door so the wind would not blow through. The doors I have are 10 by 10. Where are you located? PM if you prefer. Thanks
I have floor heat and insulate the ceilings above the IBA's very well. This keeps the bays around 45 degrees, no matter how cold it gets outside. I'll check on the door size, but they are larger than 10x10 for sure. I'm renovating and need to close the openings down to 10x10 so I'm guessing they are 12x12 or something close to that. I'm located in Columbia MO.

Lighthouse

Blanco

Reaction score
A air purge of your all your lines will take multiple purges. It may clear your lines from freezing but your machine will still freeze. The rails will accumulate ice and so will the machine it self. The single door will also freeze. If the air purge is not signaled by factory PLC programing and you are using say a dryer/door signal on a delay to start the purge then if the machine does not run a full cycle, it will not purge. I would not waste anymore money on the doors you have. Your best bet is to buy a 8K vinyl roll up that will last ten years. Ten years equals about $2 a day . If you have your heart set on not replacing your door then your best alternative would be to create a closed loop heating system using a hot water tank, antifreeze, circulating pump, small storage tank, and about a few hundred feet of hose.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Thanks, Can you tell me is how long is the blow down? Is there more than one blow down? Does it use full pressure compressed air? How big is the solenoid valve? Does it have a separate valve for the underbody and the L arm?
I ordered the Blow down kit from washworld, specifically for the programming to be fully integrated into the UCC, this is so that the lines will refill as needed when a wash cycle begins after a blowdown has been completed. The additional hardware needed is for 1 Under carraige, 2 Arch / Flex, 3 TCF. I am optioned with hyperflex and have the hyperflex Blowdown as well which is separate from the "Blowdown kit" from WW. Once WW updates the software in the UCC there will be alot of separate timers for where you can change the duration and times to perform the cycle to blow down your system. If you want to you we could always do a video chat so i can show you how mine is set up and the hardware involved. Its really a simple system to install yourself.