What's new

I need your OPINION!

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
My current vacuum price is $3 3 minutes.. I'm thinking about $5 5 minutes ASAP.. we don't take coins (thank GOD) and vacs accept Credit, Debt or Bills.. all Vac are cleaned daily and they are busy all the time.. would I F it up by raising the price?
Thanks for your opinions in advance.. Let me hear it.. LOL

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
I would charge as much as the market will bear. $5 for 5 minutes isn’t that bad considering that you’re in high priced Corvallis Oregon and run a nice operation. How much do you charge in your bays? Are you going to raise your bay prices also?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
I would charge as much as the market will bear. $5 for 5 minutes isn’t that bad considering that you’re in high priced Corvallis Oregon and run a nice operation. How much do you charge in your bays? Are you going to raise your bay prices also?
We are $5 5 minutes in Bays.. Credit - Debit or Bills.. No Problem!

Randy

Reaction score
We are $5 5 minutes in Bays.. Credit - Debit or Bills.. No Problem!
Why not raise your bay price to $6 for 5 minutes at the same time you raise your vac prices?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
What % of your vac revenue is cash vs cards? What’s is your avg ticket on cards?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Why not raise your bay price to $6 for 5 minutes at the same time you raise your vac prices?
Hi Randy.. Yes, we have considered that, but we will hold off for a while on that..

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
What % of your vac revenue is cash vs cards? What’s is your avg ticket on cards?
Revenue of CCards on vacs is appox 70% + .. Average ticket per credit card customer on bays is $10.83 for month of May so far and average vac credit card customer is $6.11 so far in May.. Spring time is heavier vac usage at my location, and always has been.. All in, average credit card customer is $8.83 to date..

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may make more money at $3 / 3 min, since 3 min. isn't enough time to vacuum the car. That means customers now spend $6 on average I bet. But if they get it done in 5 minutes, you lost $1 ( from selling 2 cycles at $3 each). If they aren't griping about the price now, I'd leave it alone.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
You may make more money at $3 / 3 min, since 3 min. isn't enough time to vacuum the car. That means customers now spend $6 on average I bet. But if they get it done in 5 minutes, you lost $1 ( from selling 2 cycles at $3 each). If they aren't griping about the price now, I'd leave it alone.
I have had that thought as well, you are exactly CORRECT! I will leave it alone.. Thanks for you input..

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Quick question off record are there any tunnels or free vacs near you ?

chaz

Reaction score
That’s fantastic vac pricing. If u r gonna raise price then so so. What you are proposing is still $1/min....u would just be raising the minimum start....but it would feel like a price increase.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
That’s fantastic vac pricing. If u r gonna raise price then so so. What you are proposing is still $1/min....u would just be raising the minimum start....but it would feel like a price increase.
Yes. we are going to stand pat on it.. no change..
Thanks

soonermajic

Reaction score
I am stunned @ how expensive it is to use a carwash there!
Just proves the theory that you can NOT force everyone in the USA to use the same minimum wage!

Randy

Reaction score
I am stunned @ how expensive it is to use a carwash there!
Just proves the theory that you can NOT force everyone in the USA to use the same minimum wage!
The last couple of times we've raised our prices we got ZERO! complaints. But we did see an increase in revenue. Land values here are so high it's almost impossible to build a car wash. The dirt my car wash sits on is taxed at $625,000, it would be impossible to sell the car wash as a car wash. Minimum wage here is $15.00 an hour, we pay $19 and even then it's hard to find good help. My 82 year old clean up guy quit when the pandemic hit, he is or was drawing $3800 a month in unemployment.

soonermajic

Reaction score
The last couple of times we've raised our prices we got ZERO! complaints. But we did see an increase in revenue. Land values here are so high it's almost impossible to build a car wash. The dirt my car wash sits on is taxed at $625,000, it would be impossible to sell the car wash as a car wash. Minimum wage here is $15.00 an hour, we pay $19 and even then it's hard to find good help. My 82 year old clean up guy quit when the pandemic hit, he is or was drawing $3800 a month in unemployment.
Biden bonus bucks. Arkansas is ending those this week!