What's new

I have these on my D&S pump stand. Can someone tell me what they are called?

Strava

Reaction score
And are they supposed to prevent backflow? Not getting soap in the ss bays & trying to track down the problem.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Did you intend to post a picture of these things?

MEP001

Reaction score
That's an eductor. It's the least likely thing to go wrong. There's no soap in the hose attached to it, so it could be the foot valve (That's the part that prevents backflow to the chemical concentrate), or the Hydrominder could have weak flow and it isn't drawing soap.

Strava

Reaction score
Hey MEP, sry about that.
That's an eductor. It's the least likely thing to go wrong. There's no soap in the hose attached to it, so it could be the foot valve (That's the part that prevents backflow to the chemical concentrate), or the Hydrominder could have weak flow and it isn't drawing soap.
Thank you for the suggestion, I'm going to check that first thing tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. : )

Strava

Reaction score
I just googled foot valve. I didn't know those blue things at the end of the hose were called foot valves. I did replace both of those today with new ones. I also replaced the solenoid, any advice on adjusting the screws on the bottom of the solenoid?

Strava

Reaction score
Is that little hole supposed to have that little piece of plastic in it? What purpose does it serve?

IMG_8368.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I assume that's an adjuster out of one of your solenoids? I've never seen anything like that, but I would assume it serves some purpose. It's obviously not there causing your problem, because the fluid flows under the pointy end and not through that hole.

Strava

Reaction score
I’m really happy that I was able to figure out this out. The original problem was a clogged solenoid. I fixed that when I replaced the solenoid, but I mixed the soap lines up with the wrong bays.