What's new

Hypro 2414

Jim64

Reaction score
I’m looking for a supplier that sells a seal kit for a Hypro 2414 pump. I tried Kleenrite, Windtrax, and Carwash superstore and none of them have any seal kits. If anyone knows who still sells these I would appreciate a shout.

MEP001

Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned they've stopped making them. All my Google searches show the same thing. Hopefully someone here has some old ones to sell. I don't think there are any special-made parts, you can probably find all the seals and o-rings for repairs.

FWIW I won't even try to repair those. By the time they've been left to leak and have lost pressure, everything is so corroded together you have to destroy most of the reusable parts to get it apart for service. I had one I had to cut the valve cap off flush with the manifold and cut a slot in what was left to get it out. It's the only one I've successfully rebuilt, and it took a month of soaking in penetrating oil and working at the seal retainers every day before I finally got them out, and took another few hours just to clean it before reassembly.

Jim64

Reaction score
I have been phasing them out but I still have 3 in use. They have a lot of life left in them but are getting to the point of needing a seal kit. Seems like a shame to scrap them over not being able to find a seal kit.

Mrwood

Reaction score
I have been phasing them out but I still have 3 in use. They have a lot of life left in them but are getting to the point of needing a seal kit. Seems like a shame to scrap them over not being able to find a seal kit.
What are you replacing them with? I’m in the same situation.

Bud's

Reaction score
Just called my contact at the Pentair/ Hypro in MN and they have dropped the 2400 series of pumps along with all parts due to all the supply and employee issues with manufacturing in our area. GOOOOOOOO DEMOCRATS!
He did mention that management has said to recommend changing over to CAT pumps.

Randy

Reaction score
I'd switch to a Cat 310 pump, they've been around forever, parts are easy to get and will be around long after I'm out of the car wash business.

Mrwood

Reaction score
I'd switch to a Cat 310 pump, they've been around forever, parts are easy to get and will be around long after I'm out of the car wash business.
I’ve used the Cat 310 and the sleeved 310, they’re good, but get amazingly loud when there are 7 running at the same time. Trying to find something that won’t cause me tinnitus in two months haha.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve used the Cat 310 and the sleeved 310, they’re good, but get amazingly loud when there are 7 running at the same time. Trying to find something that won’t cause me tinnitus in two months haha.
Arimitsu pumps are a quiet running pump.
We service the car washes early and are on our way home by 07:30 on most days. We don't hang out at the car wash.

Bud's

Reaction score
I feel your pain! I went with axil noise cancelling ear buds designed for target shooting and they also have the option of bluetooth that has been nice if the phone rings while in the pump room or washing bays.

Bud's

Reaction score
The cat 310 with double groove belt pulleys have been really amazing for me running them at 900 rpm, but the hypro 2411B I'll be replacing run at 1750 rpm without any trouble. Is there another CAT option that would be better for the 1750 rpm direct drive application?

MEP001

Reaction score
There is a direct drive version of the 310 that uses Lovejoy couplers, it's identical except for the crankshaft.

Jim64

Reaction score
I have been using cat 310’s to replace, I’ve been happy with them.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Like Randy said. Arimitsu is what you want if you want to be able to hear yourself fart. I had a 7 bay as well and had no problem being in there with them all running.