What's new

Hydrominders causing chemical tanks to overflow.

APW

Reaction score
Because of the freeze I've had my bays shut down for three days. For some reason three of the tanks are overflowing. The floats are all fine and they were not filling when I got there. The other tanks are at their normal level. It seems like it has to be linked to non use or the cold. Can someone please direct me.

acbruno

Reaction score
I have had two problems with hydrominders this year. Both are the standard 511's without the bead breaker snorkel and both are new. The first failure was with the winter foam brush solution tank I added this year to switchover when the temp drops. I came in the equipment room one night and found all the foam brush chemical on the floor. Took a look and it appears water had backed up through the solution intake of the hydrominder into the 5 gal winter foam concentrate bucket making it overflow. Lost all 5 gallons of product and made a huge mess. i took apart the hydrominder, aired out the insides, wiped down the diaphragm, then put it all back together. Didn't see anything obvious but so far after a couple weeks it has been solid.

The other failure was with my clear coat solution tank. The tank overfilled and ran over the top even when the hydrominder was closed. Found a bad check valve that caused water to back up to the tank causing this.

MDrost1

Reaction score
If you have a discharge tube in the tank, make sure it has a hole(1/4"ish) drilled in it above the liquid line. This prevents siphoning and tank over filling.

MEP001

Reaction score
The most likely problem is a bad check valve somewhere letting your weep water back up into the tank. You can confirm whether the Hydrominder is bad or not by removing the discharge hose and watching for a leak.

APW

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty sure it is the weep doing it.

Ptjanis95

Reaction score
Had a similar issue a few weeks ago. Drilled a hole in the tube from the hydrominder to the chemical container. Also went ahead and changed the foot valves for the hell of it and haven't had a problem since

MEP001

Reaction score
Had a similar issue a few weeks ago. Drilled a hole in the tube from the hydrominder to the chemical container. Also went ahead and changed the foot valves for the hell of it and haven't had a problem since
Your issue would have been your chemical container overflowing.