What's new

Hydrominder Tip styles

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 2 styles as for the tip conversion chart they are the same in drill size and diameter

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have 506/507 for style. What the difference between the Black, Blue, Brown educators? I currently have the black ones install for my s.s trifoam wax and it seems like too much water in the tank and there is no foam in the bay I just switched to Blendco chemicals as well, they use the blue educators on the other chemicals should I switch to blue for trifoam wax?

Reaction score
I have 506/507 for style. What the difference between the Black, Blue, Brown educators? I currently have the black ones install for my s.s trifoam wax and it seems like too much water in the tank and there is no foam in the bay I just switched to Blendco chemicals as well, they use the blue educators on the other chemicals should I switch to blue for trifoam wax?
The blue educators from blendco have been modifed by blendco. What size tips do you have in your trifoam. How old are the hydrominders? Could they need to be rebuilt? Have you called your blendco distributor?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
The color of the inductor helps determine the range of the dillution ratio. Here are some examples.

The black ones come on the 511.
Item #: CH511
Hydrominder, Low Volume w/ Siphon
·Siphon breaker included
·Eliminates the need for manually handling, measuring and mixing concentrated chemicals
·4.5 GPM @ 40 PSI
·Approximate Dilution Range Max: 240:1
·Approximate Dilution Range Min: 4:1
The brown one comes with the 515.
Item #: CH515
Hydrominder, Low Vol High Concentration
·Siphon breaker included
·Eliminates the need for manually handling, measuring and mixing concentrated chemicals
·1.5 GPM @ 40 PSI
·Approximate Dilution Range Max: 100:1
·Approximate Dilution Range Min: 1:1

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
There is also a third "Ultra Lean" tip kit available.

mjc3333

Reaction score
The 511 comes with a black eductor. If you order the 515 it comes with a brown eductor. The ONLY difference is the eductor itself. Everything else in the kit (511 / 515) is the same. You can make a 511 act as a 515 with just a change in eductor, or vise versa.

If you put a black eductor and a brown eductor side by side and look into the chemical siphon side, the only difference is the size of the rectangular opening. The black eductor is smaller than the brown eductor which simply means more chemical will be drawn through the brown eductor compared to the black eductor at the same pressure of supply water.

If you look at the chart in the 2011 Kleen-Rite catalog on page 622, the ratios for each color tip is listed.

What color eductor and what color tip are you using for the tri-foam? If you are not getting enough chemical to create the desired foam, you need to use the chart and move up the chart to a stronger ratio.

PS The 506 is the same as the 511 except for the siphon break. The ratio's are all identical. I have never seen the blue eductor.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I was just informed about the ratios with the different colored educators:

Black 4:1
Blue 3:1
Brown 2:1
Gray 1:1

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The blue educators from blendco have been modifed by blendco. What size tips do you have in your trifoam. How old are the hydrominders? Could they need to be rebuilt? Have you called your blendco distributor?
We were at purple push in tips to start off with then moved up to brown tips :eek:and the color seems to be better but no shaving cream foam like before so I want to try to start over with a blue or brown educator with a purple tip in each color and see what happens.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I was just informed about the ratios with the different colored educators:

Black 4:1
Blue 3:1
Brown 2:1
Gray 1:1
The Black eductor without a tip is 4:1. For both the 506 and the 511.

The Brown eductor without a tip is 1:1. For the 515.

Purple tip is 120:1 with the Black eductor or 50:1 with the Brown eductor. The brown eductor is over twice as strong in dilution, but you can get almost the same ratio, 48:1, with the Green tip in the Black eductor.

Stick with one color eductor. Then try the different color tips. If you change the eductor AND the tips you will have to go back to a chart to find out what ratio each combination is giving you.

Again, I have never heard of a Blue eductor. If Blendco has it, it must be something they came up with outside of Hydrominder. If that is the case, the ratio's with the Blue eductor has to come from Blendco themselves.

MEP001

Reaction score
DiamondWash said:
We were at purple push in tips to start off with then moved up to brown tips and the color seems to be better but no shaving cream foam like before so I want to try to start over with a blue or brown educator with a purple tip in each color and see what happens.
The eductors with push-in tips have a different dilution chart than the screw-in type.

Can you not use the dilution recommended by the chemical by selecting the tip off the chart? Do you have an ultra-concentrate that needs to be diluted with water first or requires an "ultra-lean" kit?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Here's my setup I have 506/507 hydro minders with black educators for each color and currently using Color Coat from Blendco for my S.S trifoam wax and touch-free trifoam but cannot get any foaming in the bays I want to change my black educators to blue educators to reduce the amount of water mixing with chemical, also there is no recommended dilution for Blendco Color Coat unless somebody here know of it. Blendco is working with me to get this working but cannot figure out why I'm having trouble setting this up.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you sure the problem is with the dilution and not with the system setup or the pressures you're running?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Well, FWIW I tried Blenco and didn't like it. Had issues with mixing / blending the products consistently.

Now, it may have been that my setup really did not lend itelf well to this system, or it could be that it is just more trouble than I wanted to deal with.

Reaction score
We were at purple push in tips to start off with then moved up to brown tips :eek:and the color seems to be better but no shaving cream foam like before so I want to try to start over with a blue or brown educator with a purple tip in each color and see what happens.
Purple is way to small, one site i was at today that we sell blendco to i checked, we are running white blendco tips but he has very hard water and he likes real bright color and a lot of foam.

We are useing the double injector because in the winter we run methonal on the other side to keep if from freezing in the summer we just plug the other side

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Are the push in tips Blendco uses considered "Ultra-Lean" tips? what color educator was he using the Black or Blendco Blue?

Reaction score
Are the push in tips Blendco uses considered "Ultra-Lean" tips? what color educator was he using the Black or Blendco Blue?
To tell you the truth i have never asked if they are considered Ultra- Lean.
The educators at this location are the brown ones that blendco use to use and from what i have been told they would do some work on them, then they went to the blue ones.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well after draining the tanks and installing 3 brown educators and putting in green push in tips I am satisfied with the results great foam great color great fragrance even put in a new foamer pad in the foam generator. I also modified the foam gun so instead of having a 1/8 nozzle I installed a gray threaded 1/8 metering tip in it's place and wow the amount of foam and distance it puts out.