What's new

Hydrominder suction stub

APW

Reaction score
Some of my hydrominders have 1/2" tubing some have 1/4" tubing. I have a small metering tip that broke off in the 1/4 suction stub. I am having trouble finding a suction stub to replace it. All the ones I can find are for the 1/2" tubing. Should I replace them with the 1/2"?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You can use a plastic 1/4" hose barb in a pinch... just shove the tip in. I use the push in hydrominder tips and plain plastic barbs...

mattman

Reaction score
Most Hydrominders come standard with the 1/2". You can replace with 1/2" with no worries. Tip colors are the same ratio with both sizes.

APW

Reaction score
I just figured out that they are actually dema hose barbs and dema metering tips. Why would it be setup like this?

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I just figured out that they are actually dema hose barbs and dema metering tips. Why would it be setup like this?
Are you saying you have a Dema Hydrominders clone? If so they might be cheaper? Or a Dema injector before the Hydrominders?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Alma, IB & Eric,

I hope we get this sorted out :confused: so we get a better handle on educator & educator parts ordering ... we had to go the linked below educator when we went to the Warsaw MicroDrums a quite a few years ago. I am not sure how the educato needs of the MicroDrum compare with KRs' & other ultra-concentrates. Note the Induction Specifications of the below listed with the specific part by KR. I do know that the tubing has to be supple & a very tight seal over the tip is needed in our specific case.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-12844-aqua-master-in440-22t-low-volume-float-valve.aspx

Mike

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Oh I see the dema can actually dilute more then the hydrominder..... I thought the dema was just a cheaper alternative of the exact same product.

I use some turtle wax dual tip thing with a hydrominder to do the same thing though..... I know this is very descriptive. :) I will include a bad picture also. :)

APW

Reaction score
I have hydrominders but they have dema 1/4" 90 degree barbs in place of a hydrominder suction stub. The dema metering tips are really small and they screw into the 90 degree barb.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I have hydrominders but they have dema 1/4" 90 degree barbs in place of a hydrominder suction stub. The dema metering tips are really small and they screw into the 90 degree barb.
I watched the dema video.... So I'm a trained expert now. JK :) Apparently there is a cross reference so you can tell what the dilution ratios are. I assume they would use standard dema injector tips? I bet someone added it to get higher dilution rations for a chemical like Mike said.

More info on the dual tip, please.
thanks,
david
I like the turtle wax ones the best because it uses normal Hydrominder tips. I have enough junk to keep up with. :) I also have some that look like the blendco dual educators but I believe they use different tips?

I could take a better picture if that is what you really wanted?

MEP001

Reaction score
You can make your own dual-tip with tees, nipples, a short piece of hose and a second eductor. I'd recommend plastic fittings since I've had to replace the brass ones a few times due to the ultra-concentrates eating through them. There's not a chart for which tips to use to get a specific dilution since that varies so much based on the viscosity of the stock. I've figured out what tips I needed to run with trial and error.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
sonny's actually sells a version for $92.... You could make the same thing out of plastic. The Turtle wax and Blendco are made of plastic. The Turtle one is nice because it is compact.... but you wouldn't have to design yours just like sonnys.