What's new

Hydrominder Setup for HP Soap/Wax

James.Ireland

Reaction score
My 2 Bay SS wash currently relies on the operator (me) to properly mix the high pressure soap and wax in pails upstream of the flojet pumps. When I was a kid in the late 80s I remember my dad's old Ginsan setup had a large tank with hydrominders that used to mix the soap and wax in the tank automatically.

I was hoping to build a simple wall mounted hydrominder setup which would allow me to just roll a new concentrated soap or wax drum into place, insert inlet hose from the flojet in the drum and have the hydrominder do all the mixing. I would just have the inlet hose from the flowjet and the foot valve sit in the tank. I figured it would help with consistency and save a few hours of messing around.

Do you think a tank like this (2 Compartment Car Wash Chemical Tank | 2COMPARTTANK (kleen-ritecorp.com)) and two Hydrominder 511s (HydroMinder, 4.5 GPM, Siphon Breaker, Mounting Bracket | Hydro Systems | 511 (kleen-ritecorp.com)) would work or would you suggest something different?

Last edited:

Monte

Reaction score
We have 3 sites....my favorite setup for SS is at the oldest site, running an old simple system with hydrominders and flowjets. (3 bays ....using a 3 solenoid manifold) very old-school. The other sites have the whistles and bells....but more of a pain to keep working. My advice is keep it simple in SS bays. I think you idea is perfect.

MEP001

Reaction score
I was hoping to build a simple wall mounted hydrominder setup which would allow me to just roll a new concentrated soap or wax drum into place, insert inlet hose from the flojet in the drum and have the hydrominder do all the mixing. I would just have the inlet hose from the flowjet and the foot valve sit in the tank. I figured it would help with consistency and save a few hours of messing around.
This is how almost every car wash works.
That tank will work. If you want to try something lower budget, try a length of 6" PVC with a cap on the bottom.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
Do you think the 511 is the right
We have 3 sites....my favorite setup for SS is at the oldest site, running an old simple system with hydrominders and flowjets. (3 bays ....using a 3 solenoid manifold) very old-school. The other sites have the whistles and bells....but more of a pain to keep working. My advice is keep it simple in SS bays. I think you idea is perfect.
Yes, I remember that setup being pretty nice. Once in a while it would lose suction on the hydrominder and be a pain but otherwise it was really easy to deal with.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
This is how almost every car wash works.

That tank will work. If you want to try something lower budget, try a length of 6" PVC with a cap on the bottom.
Thanks for the idea, I might experiment with a piece of 6" pipe, that tank is pretty spendy.

MEP001

Reaction score
The 511 has an anti-siphon valve. Normally you'd make a hole in the discharge hose off the Hydrominder, but you might end up with a mess if the tank is open. The 506 is the same thing minus the siphon breaker.

OurTown

Reaction score
You can make a hydrominder tank from a 5 gallon bucket. Ask me how I know. 😂