What's new

Hydrominder problem

INTEGRA

Reaction score
NEW HYDROMINDER DOES NOT TURN ON AS FLOAT(OR BY HAND) IS DEPRESSED. hYDROMINDER ONLY SEEMS TO ENGAGE UPON SLOWLY, MANUALLY BRINGING FLOAT UPWARD. ANY IDEAS?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We notice that the diaphragm is the same diaphragm that is in a Dole inlet valve. We have those leading into our small car wash pump stand tanks & also a percentage of our washing machine inlet valves are Doles.

mike

MEP001

Reaction score
It is not the same diaphragm.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It is not the same diaphragm.
Mep,

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2138-diaphragm-for-506-511-530.aspx

We have used the above part successfully at least 40 of these over the years as interchangeable with a common Dole valve that we use on both the laundry side & the car wash side. The car wash Dole valves that Specialty Equip put in for us have 24 vac solenoids instead of 110 vac laundry version but the basic body of the 2 Dole valves is the same.

To be fair Mep, you must be referring to a different diaphragm or a different Dole valve because we clearly know better on this specific part.

http://store.windtrax.com/storefron...&keyword=dole+valve&emailAddress=&numResults=

mike

MEP001

Reaction score
The 24V and 110V Dole valves may take the same diaphragm, but it is different in size from the Hydrominder one. Your statement of the Dole diaphragm fitting and working in the Hydrominder does not "clearly" make it the same part.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The 24V and 110V Dole valves may take the same diaphragm, but it is different in size from the Hydrominder one. Your statement of the Dole diaphragm fitting and working in the Hydrominder does not "clearly" make it the same part.

Mep,

Did you actually compare side by side & properly measure what you state to be different in size diaphragms? The diaphragms are interchangeable from our actual "hands on experience" & they most certainly are "functionally the same" which is what we think should be the concern.

With all due respect, why would Windtrax list the Hydrominder diaphragm as part of the results ... in my specifically worded "Dole valve" search. http://store.windtrax.com/storefron...&keyword=dole+valve&emailAddress=&numResults=

mike

MEP001

Reaction score
mjwalsh said:
Mep,

Did you actually compare side by side & properly measure what you state to be different in size diaphragms?
Yup.
mjwalsh said:
The diaphragms are interchangeable from our actual "hands on experience" & they most certainly are "functionally the same" which is what we think should be the concern.
Regardless of any of that, what was the point of suggesting Dole valve parts for a Hydrominder when Hydrominder parts were already suggested and linked?

Randy

Reaction score
For some reason the newer Hyrdominder 511’s are different than the older ones. I’ve never had a problem with any of our older 511 Hydrominders, the newer ones seem to stick closed for some reason. I wouldn’t think that you’d have to rebuild a new 511 Hydrominder

Reaction score
For some reason the newer Hyrdominder 511’s are different than the older ones. I’ve never had a problem with any of our older 511 Hydrominders, the newer ones seem to stick closed for some reason. I wouldn’t think that you’d have to rebuild a new 511 Hydrominder
We have found that the new hydrominders with the plastic stem dont seem to hold up well, but the rebuild kit comes with a brass stem witch works better IMO.

MEP001

Reaction score
car washing systems inc said:
We have found that the new hydrominders with the plastic stem dont seem to hold up well, but the rebuild kit comes with a brass stem witch works better IMO.
I had the same problem - after the third one with the plastic stem wouldn't open fully to allow chemical draw, I just went through and rebuilt them with the full kits.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Mike:

Thanks for sharing the fact on the interchangeability on this diaphragm. I buy them in a ten lot when I need them.

They fit my Hydrominders, Dole solenoids for my foaming brush mixer, the solenoids on my Braswell water softener, and a few years ago I put two of them in my Speed Queen washing machine at home.

I know they interchange and work fine, because I've been doing this for years.

Keith

Twodose

Reaction score
Yea, when I purchase a new hydrominder I swap the plastic stem out with a metal one before even putting it into service.

Is the diaphragm usually the part that causes the problems in the stems?

MEP001

Reaction score
Twodose said:
Is the diaphragm usually the part that causes the problems in the stems?
If it doesn't shut off completely it's the diaphragm - when I've had problems with them not opening fully, changing just the diaphragm hasn't always fixed the problem for good.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mike:

Thanks for sharing the fact on the interchangeability on this diaphragm. I buy them in a ten lot when I need them.

They fit my Hydrominders, Dole solenoids for my foaming brush mixer, the solenoids on my Braswell water softener, and a few years ago I put two of them in my Speed Queen washing machine at home.

I know they interchange and work fine, because I've been doing this for years.

Keith
Keith,

Well that settles it for those of us who see the interchangeability as pertinent & possibly useful information!:) Since both the Dole part & the part inside the Hydrominder kit were a few feet from me by my office ... for the sake of scholarly verified accuracy ... Gomer took his trusty caliper & measured every part of the 2 diaphragms side by side. Verdict: All measurements measured indentical.

Gomer was also happy to have met you personally at the a Heartland Show a few years back! Here Gomer thought that our friend Mep was always perfect:confused:

To be fair though, Mep does have a pretty good batting average for the most part & the points about the metal stem along with the KR "how to" video link was probably the most valuable of all.

On a side note ... we are using mostly the Dema ??? Brand now because awhile back we switched to Warsaw's MicroDrums.

mike walsh king koin

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I wished the KR video would have shown some trick to get the inlet screen / washer out for cleaning easily without damaguing it. I started stocking spares of those as well.

Randy

Reaction score
It’s pretty bad when you have to rebuild a new unit right out of the box. We replace the plastic stem with a brass one before we put them into service now, fewer problems down the road. I’ve got 3 of the old brass body Hydrominders that have worked without any problems for over 25 years.

Earl, we take the screen out and use 40 mesh strainer Y-Type Line Strainer on the water supply to the Hydrominders, we have one strainer for 3 Hydrominders

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Randy;72600 Earl said:
I'm anal so I have the Y strainers about 10 feet down the line and still get stuff in the Hydro Screens.