What's new

Hydrominder Dual Eductor

Keno

Reaction score
Hi Group, was looking at the dual tip eductor kit for hydrominder to ph boost some of our SS soaps a little to prevent scum/jelling in the mixing tanks - just want to get the ph a little higher to keep everything clear. Dual eductors seem to be quite pricey for what they are. Anybody ever tried teeing off a regular eductor and using 2 tips to draw 2 different concentrations of 2 chemicals? Seems to me like it should work in theory, and would be quite a bit cheaper. If anyone has experience on this - would like to hear your thoughts. If no one has tried this, I will buy the tee and associated parts and try it out.

MEP001

Reaction score
It does work. I've done it with hyper concentrates by drawing mixed product from the tank to dilute the concentrate. Just be sure to use plastic fittings, the high pH stuff will eat brass.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of soap are you using? That snot/jelly like stuff is a bacterial growth breaking down the soap. This normally grows during hot weather. The easiest way to stop the snot is to use 1” swimming pool bleach pellets in your soap tank or raise the PH to around 10 or use a better brand of soap. I use a Turtle wax “T” with a hose routed over to the presoak tank to raise the PH of the soap and give it a little bit more cleaning ability.

Keno

Reaction score
It does work. I've done it with hyper concentrates by drawing mixed product from the tank to dilute the concentrate. Just be sure to use plastic fittings, the high pH stuff will eat brass.
I will try it out, having a hard time finding 1/4" npt street tee in plastic, which is what I believe that fitting is.
What kind of soap are you using? That snot/jelly like stuff is a bacterial growth breaking down the soap. This normally grows during hot weather. The easiest way to stop the snot is to use 1” swimming pool bleach pellets in your soap tank or raise the PH to around 10 or use a better brand of soap. I use a Turtle wax “T” with a hose routed over to the presoak tank to raise the PH of the soap and give it a little bit more cleaning ability.
We are using a variety including, carnuba wax, some chemquest stuff, and KR ultra concentrates. Having issues with wax and neutral ph products. High ph pre-soaks and tire cleaner are no issue. Want to raise ph on the neutral ph like you are doing to get rid of some of these issues - was planning on using simonize correct as I have seen suggested on these forums and teeing at the hydrominder.

Don't know about the wax though, getting a snot/jelly and don't know if or how I can raise ph on that. It is supposedly a high quality carnuba - left by previous owner - I believe its an old chemquest product, but would have to double check.

MEP001

Reaction score
I will try it out, having a hard time finding 1/4" npt street tee in plastic, which is what I believe that fitting is.
The fitting that the suction stub screws into is 1/2" NPT.
Don't know about the wax though, getting a snot/jelly and don't know if or how I can raise ph on that. It is supposedly a high quality carnuba - left by previous owner - I believe its an old chemquest product, but would have to double check.
I wouldn't recommend introducing high pH into wax. It may be old or there's a cascade effect from someone switching product without cleaning the tank. It's probably not from algae growth. Try draining and thoroughly cleaning and degreasing the wax tank. I've seen this happen when a customer changes product and the mix causes a separation issue which got worse and worse over time, and a "reset" cured the problem.

Randy

Reaction score
How many Turtle Wax dual metering blocks do you need? Someone sent me a box of them.

Last edited:

Keno

Reaction score
The fitting that the suction stub screws into is 1/2" NPT.

I wouldn't recommend introducing high pH into wax. It may be old or there's a cascade effect from someone switching product without cleaning the tank. It's probably not from algae growth. Try draining and thoroughly cleaning and degreasing the wax tank. I've seen this happen when a customer changes product and the mix causes a separation issue which got worse and worse over time, and a "reset" cured the problem.
Will give the cleaning a shot, I double checked today, they are 1/4 npt for the stub where the tips are inserted. And I believe where the educators attach to the main hydrominder body too. I also double checked the chemical, it is a chemquest drying agent I think meant for automatics in that SS system.
How many Turtle Wax dual metering blocks do you need? Someone sent me a box of them.
Want to try it out first to make sure the increase in ph would solve my issue, which from my reading on these forums it should. If it works, would need like 12 of them - that's why I was looking for a more cost effective solution than the 80-95 per kit that hydrominder wants. Not looking to spend $1200 on this solution. Do you have any pictures of this, don't really know what they look like.

MEP001

Reaction score
Will give the cleaning a shot, I double checked today, they are 1/4 npt for the stub where the tips are inserted.
Sorry, you're right, it's a 1/2" barb fitting that the tip screws into, 1/4" NPT on the other end.

Keno

Reaction score
Sorry, you're right, it's a 1/2" barb fitting that the tip screws into, 1/4" NPT on the other end.
We switched most of ours over to the 1/4 tubing with the push in tips, just for ease and consistency with parts

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Don't alter your wax with high ph booster. Clean the tank out thoroughly and try again. If the wax is a newer polymer and not oil based it may benefit from strengthening the concentration product in the hydrominder tank. This is opposite than what you would expect,but the weaker solutions are attempting to bond with the water and can gel up.

Most people want their foam brush neutral ph , at least in the Summer months. Throwing copper scrap in the hydrominder tank will retard bacterial growth, but not eliminate it. Also try reducing your tank level if it's big. The goal is to increase turnover in the tank and not let solutions sit very long in there. If boosted with alkaline I would run it on the wetter side. Another thing to help is pick a rainy day, add some bleach to the FB tank and run it through the lines and let it sit and help kill the algae.

I know some operators that have added algaecides they got from pool supply places to their tanks.

Try to increase turnover of product in your HP soap tank by making the solution weaker yet drawing more product. If that and copper doesn't work, I would likely use any neutrals for foam brush and switch to a high ph high pressure soap. That reduces your problems down to one tank

If using 1/2" chem line the old turtle wax blocks would be an easy solution. I have some 1/4" plastic wyes and tees I can use on the smaller lines.

MEP001

Reaction score
Another option to help with the slime in the soap tanks is to plumb hot water to it if you have it.

Keno

Reaction score
Don't alter your wax with high ph booster. Clean the tank out thoroughly and try again. If the wax is a newer polymer and not oil based it may benefit from strengthening the concentration product in the hydrominder tank. This is opposite than what you would expect,but the weaker solutions are attempting to bond with the water and can gel up.

Most people want their foam brush neutral ph , at least in the Summer months. Throwing copper scrap in the hydrominder tank will retard bacterial growth, but not eliminate it. Also try reducing your tank level if it's big. The goal is to increase turnover in the tank and not let solutions sit very long in there. If boosted with alkaline I would run it on the wetter side. Another thing to help is pick a rainy day, add some bleach to the FB tank and run it through the lines and let it sit and help kill the algae.

I know some operators that have added algaecides they got from pool supply places to their tanks.

Try to increase turnover of product in your HP soap tank by making the solution weaker yet drawing more product. If that and copper doesn't work, I would likely use any neutrals for foam brush and switch to a high ph high pressure soap. That reduces your problems down to one tank

If using 1/2" chem line the old turtle wax blocks would be an easy solution. I have some 1/4" plastic wyes and tees I can use on the smaller lines.
Thanks will give all of this a shot, starting with cleaning the wax tanks. I believe it is an oil based drying agent in there currently.
Another option to help with the slime in the soap tanks is to plumb hot water to it if you have it.
Hot water taken out at both locations by previous owner

Randy

Reaction score
Hey do you know what ratio these dilute to?
You have kind of play around with them. I'm using JBS Fonic on one side and Simoniz correct on the other side. I don't remember which tips I'm using.