What's new

Hydrominder backflow

JamboWash

Reaction score
I have 2 hydrominders that are doing the same thing, there is a back flow of water into the chemical drums, thru the chemical feed pipe, i have no idea why there is a backflow could this be a bad foot valve or something in the hydrominder that is causing the backflow.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a combination of problems, a bad foot valve in the pail and no hole in the discharge tube to prevent siphon.

If the suction hoses are hard, a new foot valve probably won't help.

copperglobe

Reaction score
It's a combination of problems, a bad foot valve in the pail and no hole in the discharge tube to prevent siphon.

If the suction hoses are hard, a new foot valve probably won't help.
I agree. I've had problems in the past year or so with new footvalves leaking back into the pails/barrels or at least emptying the hose and filling with air from the air vents. I've read on other threads where others have had issues as well. I've tried different types/makes and had the same problems. Out of ten new footvalves 1 or 2 will have problems it seems.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I cut a notch in the discharge hose above the mixing line. That way when the foot valve goes bad, the siphon is broken and the only thing that goes back into the chemical pail is the chemical concentrate and not the diluted solution.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've had this problem in the past to and I'm going to try notching a hole in the discharge tube ( higher than the float of course)

I appreciate the seasoned and experienced operators sharing the info. Saves people a lot of time instead of trying to figure it out on their own.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I drill a (i think) 1/4" hole and then insert a small press-in hydrominder tip.

Murphys law struck at my car wash last week. I put on a brand new $300 container of a rain repellent CCP. I came in the very next day and found that the hydrominder failed and water leaked back in to the container. The tiny hole in my discharge tube had plugged up so it didn't have a way for the siphon to break.