What's new

HYDROMINDER 506 SOAPS

Reaction score
I finally got it been driving myself nuts with chemical concentrations in tanks. One day its good next day or hour its water down, changed hydro, changed this changed that. Its the water pressure, i have a 4 banger tank for Ps, Fb, Tire, Foam gun all fed by one line thats then split into four for each hydro 506 at the solution tank. Problem when one tank is filling and the other needs to fill the water not strong enough to pull chemical therefor watery solution and always freezing up in winter even on a black tip because i have no chemical draw. I cant believe it took me this long to notice it, ive tried every soap every tip even stood on my head one day.
Problem two, my self serv pumps run from a 3 banger tank big one for Rinse and two small for wax and soap sam issue. When the Rinse tank needs water it starves the wax and soap & dont get enough pressure to draw the chemical.
Any thoughts or suggestions thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
It sounds like each multi-compartment tank is fed by too small of a water supply. For the "4 banger" tank, is there just one small hose that feeds all four Hydrominders?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Whats your water pressure out of curiosity? Put a gauge on it and see.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What is the size of the source feeding your one line? Size of that line? size of each branch line?

Reaction score
Thanks fellas,
On the 4 banger we have a 1/2 inch copper that when hits the tank maifold splits to 4. ps, fb, tire, foam gun

On the 3banger 3/4 off main then at tank splits to 3/4 feed for hp tank, and 1/2 inch to the Hps and wax.

My streets usually around 60/70+

All these years
When i put the new soap on to tip it and titrate obviously none of the other tanks are pulling water so the soap im testing always comes out good on a yellow tip or slow days . Then the next day or two im switching to a white tip wondering what happened :0 But as i watch it when the other tanks need water like the hp tank the soap and wax hydro trying to fill but only water filling tank not enough to pull the soap.

Im going to feed the tanks with a 3/4 and feed the manifold from both sides like a loop instead of one side cause the one furthest starves the most.

Im more dumb founded that it took this long to notice the problem.
let me know what ya think thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks fellas,
On the 4 banger we have a 1/2 inch copper that when hits the tank maifold splits to 4. ps, fb, tire, foam gun

On the 3banger 3/4 off main then at tank splits to 3/4 feed for hp tank, and 1/2 inch to the Hps and wax.
When it splits are all the branches 1/2" hose?

Reaction score
From the maifold they have a push fitting with 3/8 tubing to each hydro
I put a meter on other day pressure is @65 with nothing running
with two running drops to 55ish all four running holds at just under 50

On another note what about these footvalves (blue) they stink.
I just bought four brand new ones and they never seem to work right. They work at first but when in the bucket the rubber flap doesnt seem to sit right most of the time when it does seat day or two later same thing? Take it out rinse it blow it seems good hook it back up and same thing sometimes after a few pulls from the tank other times few days later. Ive put a hose clamp on the by the tip and by the footvalve. Would it be air or product keep the the flap from seating?

MEP001

Reaction score
3/8" tubing is enough if your water pressure is good, but it sounds like the whole supply off your manifold is inadequate.

You might have gotten foot valves some from a bad batch. Every so often they put out some that just plain don't work.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have had problems out of the blue ones right out of the package but IF they work right away they seem to last longer than the other brands that have been suggested here.