What's new

Hydro Spray treadle issues

steve everett

Reaction score
I have a customer who owns 2 hydro spray automatics. He has been buying electrical pad treadles from Kleen-rite corp, but the treadles only seem to last about six months. He has the treadles securely fastened to the floor and leveled. Is anyone else having problems with these electrical pad treadles?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I changed my big tapeswitch out to 3 smaller ones: http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-33080-tapeswitch-10x24-24v-slight.aspx

2 are wired to 'stop' and 1 is wired to 'backup'.

This way, you can replace one at a time as they wear out. Far less cost. Usually only 1 spot on the big tapeswitch wears out (stop) and the rest is fine. I have unbolted mine and flipped it around in a pinch so I could keep washing on a busy day (which is 99% when it goes bad).

The 3 small ones requires more drilling and anchoring, but is better, IMO and definitely more affordable to replace 1 small pad vs. the big one. I used a sharpie on mine to signify which wires in the jct. box correspond to which pad (#1,2,3). This will make changing them out easier when the time comes.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Everybody has to do what works best for them, in my case, I would much rather replace a 20-25 dollar mercury switch every once in awhile, than replace a pressure pad @ $140 a pop. I've never used a pad before, but have heard alot of bad stories about them.