What's new

Hydraulic oil leak on wrap

Express Care

Steve Flikkema
Reaction score
Line leaked oil all over wrap. We soaked cloth in deagreeser, presure sprayed. Still leaves film, notice on dark vehicles. Any suggestions some customers notice.

Chiefs

Reaction score
Yeah,either replace the cloth or take it off and manually scrub both sides of every single piece of cloth - every square inch and and rinse them throughly. It will probably cost the same amount of money, in time, labor and products as it would to replace with new cloth ans ave yourself,the time, trouble and aggravation.

Until you straighten it out one way or another, tie the unit back and keep it off the cars.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Back in the 80's we used to soak the cloth with gasoline and then high pressure it off. It worked great but I'm not sure if it can be done now days.

dbrewer

Reaction score
Had same thing happen in our tunnel so we removed wraps(from spindel) and took them down to washerteria and ran them thru several wash cycles. Did a descend job. Gota'go

Skipper Jack

Reaction score
R U Kiddin' Me

"Had same thing happen in our tunnel so we removed wraps(from spindel) and took them down to washerteria and ran them thru several wash cycles."

I sure hope you are kidding!

dbrewer

Reaction score
Cleaning wraps

"Had same thing happen in our tunnel so we removed wraps(from spindel) and took them down to washerteria and ran them thru several wash cycles."

I sure hope you are kidding!
Just kidding-We used a portable high pressure sprayer to clean the wraps-did a descend job. Gota'go

dewey9876

I CLN CAZ
Reaction score
Anyone use a water based hydr fluid like AquaBlue? Pros/Cons?

I have been using aquablue for years with no problems, we love it.
Pros - No clean up, Works great,

Cons- Not cheap.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Anyone use a water based hydr fluid like AquaBlue? Pros/Cons?
<<<

I use it in all power packs except the conveyor where it seem more prone to overheating.

Basic con is cost and if you are in a climate that has 80+ degree temps use an oil cooler that flows water thru a coil.

DavidM

Reaction score
We use Aquablue as well. We don't often have hydraulic leaks but it is reassuring knowing that I can clean up easily if needed. Like Earl, we do not use it in our conveyor power pack.

David

Reaction score
dawn liquid detergent works great.Drench the brush with dawn then high pressure it off with the brush spinning, keep brush running with foamers or water on in between washes to really saturate the cloth.It will take a few cars to get rid of all the oil so you will notice some residue left on cars especially darker vehicles.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Dawn is what we have always used too. It helps if you can bring the brushes together so they are spinning against each other. With the old rollovers we would tie all four brushes to the center and let them clean themselves.

steve everett

Reaction score
Steve,
It's been a while since I have seen ya. In the past I had used kerosene. It cuts the hydraulic oil pretty good. I have not been on the forum in quite some time. Hope all is well and hope to talk to you soon.
Steve Everett

Tapco LLC

Reaction score
Hi All, Im reaching out to help anybody that may still have a question or would simply like to know the pros and cons of Aquablue.

Pros:
As mentioned Aquablue allows for safe easy and environmentally friendly clean up. Simply rinse clothes with water and Aquablue will dissipate (It is also safe with reclaim systems)

Aquablue has been proven to run 30 degrees cooler then standard hydraulic oil. There is rumors that a cooling system is needed with Aquablue if your in a hot environment. This however is not true we have Aquablue operating throughout the country including desert areas. Aquablue can handle temps up to 140 degrees Feirenheight in the power pack, with keeping in mind Aquablue operates 30 degrees cooler, if your system is getting that hot there is an issue somewhere else in the Powerpack.

Aquablue has 5x times the life of standard Hydraulic Oil and is Fire resistant, which allows for less oil changes and cost in purchasing more product.

Cons;
Aquablue is in fact more expensive then standard hydraulic oil (however cost savings can come in when clean ups are needed or when you need to keep replacing the standard hydraulic oil due to operating life cycle)

I hope i have answered all your questions should you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to me at Tapco.bb@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Brandon
Tapco LLC

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
This happened to me twice on two different wraps in the last two years.

We took spray bottles of almost pure Purple Power degreaser and hand sprayed the wraps, then sprayed off with the pressure washer, then ran a wet down. We did this maybe 5 or 6 times and then we were good to go. You have to really drench the wrap with the degreaser though, and you're hand gets tired, very tired. We tried about 10 different ways and this really what worked best, short of taking the cloth down. All in all it took us maybe 2 hours of this process...boy were our hands done for, but it worked!

TEEBOX

Reaction score
It recently happened last week. Had to shut down and did not allow for a rewash since that would contaminate the rest of the cloths.

Removed all cloth on wraparound and used a product from Vaughn Industries called TC-231. Smells like kerosene. Applied with tank sprayer and power washed off. Works great. A couple wash cycles before it doesn't show on dark vehicles.

Dawn is great to use as well.

I love to hear that you hardly have hydraulic leaks from respondents. How do you prevent that out of curiosity. I do visuals every morning and still can head it off.