What's new

Hydraflexinc Nozzles For Water Wizard 2.0

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Looks good kind of pricie, do you what the special kit is that is required from coleman?

Reaction score
never heard of them, I took my nozzles out of an old ds 5000 and put them in my 2.0, they do a lot better of not striping the car.....

thequickwash

Reaction score
Hey, I ended up installing them on my water wizard 2.0 and they are great. Uses less water, less maintenance and cleaning of the nozzles. Great for removing bugs but they are a much noisier experience for the customer. Overall, they are much better than the original Coleman ones.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Hey, I ended up installing them on my water wizard 2.0 and they are great. Uses less water, less maintenance and cleaning of the nozzles. Great for removing bugs but they are a much noisier experience for the customer. Overall, they are much better than the original Coleman ones.
have you had any issues with zebra stripes with these nozzles?

Rainway

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with the blast-tec nozzles failing? I’ve had two blow apart in the past few months. Could live with a couple a year I guess but didn’t put them on long ago so am concerned the rate since it’s our slow season now. I don’t want these things blowing up on me left and right after spending a grip of money. I asked hydra flex what their warranty is.

Attachments

toddmullens

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with the blast-tec nozzles failing? I’ve had two blow apart in the past few months. Could live with a couple a year I guess but didn’t put them on long ago so am concerned the rate since it’s our slow season now. I don’t want these things blowing up on me left and right after spending a grip of money. I asked hydra flex what their warranty is.
Is that the new style?

MC3033

Reaction score
The only time I’ve seen the Blast-tecs blow apart is after I take them apart and put them back together.

great nozzle but expensive and difficult to clean. As far as cleaning goes I believe it to be second to none.

Rainway

Reaction score
So we put on 4.0 gpm nozzles go on the rocker panels and the 3.5 gpm nozzles everywhere else. Curious what other people have done. It’s much more louder with these on but it washes good. Have received complaints it’s too loud and difficult for customers to have a conversation when the cat3535 is blasting with these. Same customer complained about it taking off a sunroof seal and thought it chipped their paint (I think they had to have a bad paint spot but paid $25 for color match paint to keep the peace).

Rainway

Reaction score
Please let me know which specific nozzles you’re using. Thanks!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have them on one unit. I like the idea of using them for the rocker panel, but not for the high pressure sides and tops. They are just too noisy on the surface of the vehicle. It sounds like you're ripping the paint off.

isn't max psi 900? Could higher pressures be a problem?

toddmullens

Reaction score
They will take the paint off for sure if you use too large of an orifice and too high of pressure. Definitely do not go over 900 psi. Using them for the rocker panel function is probably the only place that makes sense. The cycling of the side nozzles on and off can spike the system pressure enough to blow these apart, as you have seen. I would turn down the pressure to between 850psi and 900psi. Just curious if any on the rocker panel nozzles have separated?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
So Todd how are you supposed to use these with standard IMEG nozzles on the side, turn everything down to 900psi?

I could add a regulator to the rocker panel- or maybe use the medium pressure function and add a ball valve on that line to keep pressure up.

Maybe Coleman has figured it out and I should just call them. I might be making this too complicated :)

toddmullens

Reaction score
So Todd how are you supposed to use these with standard IMEG nozzles on the side, turn everything down to 900psi?

I could add a regulator to the rocker panel- or maybe use the medium pressure function and add a ball valve on that line to keep pressure up.

Maybe Coleman has figured it out and I should just call them. I might be making this too complicated :)
I have a 2.0 that was installed new 1 year ago and it came from the factory with the hydraflex nozzles on the rocker panel and top boom and regular imeg nozzles on the side oscillators. I Set the unloader to 850psi on rocker panel function and let her roll.

Rainway

Reaction score
I have a 2.0 that was installed new 1 year ago and it came from the factory with the hydraflex nozzles on the rocker panel and top boom and regular imeg nozzles on the side oscillators. I Set the unloader to 850psi on rocker panel function and let her roll.
What specific Nozzles did Coleman Hanna send with it and is it different on rocker panel vs top boom?

Rainway

Reaction score
I have them on one unit. I like the idea of using them for the rocker panel, but not for the high pressure sides and tops. They are just too noisy on the surface of the vehicle. It sounds like you're ripping the paint off.

isn't max psi 900? Could higher pressures be a problem?
Hydra flex says keep the pressure between 800 & 1200:

We’re dialing our pressure down on the unloader