What's new

Hurricanes

mac

Reaction score
We just went through a Cat4 or 5 hurricane. Trust me, if you have a choice to avoid one do it. The destruction is unbelievable. We had steady winds of 80 mph with gusts to 165 mph. To put that in perspective a body in skydiving free fall falls around 120 mph. If you think you might go through one here’s a checklist. Remove all hoses and tie the booms to something sturdy. Close the damn place. Strap any automatic with lots of straps and anchors. Remove any cosmetic panels. Protect any circuit boards or simply remove them. Check with your insurance agent for coverage for rain, flooding, and wind. Then get a fine bottle of single malt scotch and watch the fun. Also get a generator to keep the TV going. We had entire communities washed away . Gone somewhere. Recovery could take 2 years. Love you guys and girls. Stay safe.

traveler17

Reaction score
We just went through a Cat4 or 5 hurricane. Trust me, if you have a choice to avoid one do it. The destruction is unbelievable. We had steady winds of 80 mph with gusts to 165 mph. To put that in perspective a body in skydiving free fall falls around 120 mph. If you think you might go through one here’s a checklist. Remove all hoses and tie the booms to something sturdy. Close the damn place. Strap any automatic with lots of straps and anchors. Remove any cosmetic panels. Protect any circuit boards or simply remove them. Check with your insurance agent for coverage for rain, flooding, and wind. Then get a fine bottle of single malt scotch and watch the fun. Also get a generator to keep the TV going. We had entire communities washed away . Gone somewhere. Recovery could take 2 years. Love you guys and girls. Stay safe.
Where you living again Mac? You are right, these storms are no joke. When I lived in Orlando we’d ride them out because we were inland. The devastation was still bad. I’m in Wilmington NC now and if a 3 or 4 is coming we are out. I’ve ridden out a 3 and that’ll be the last time that happens. It’ll make you appreciate Mother Nature. Family and friends are still in Florida. Here’s a pic from the storm the other night, my parents home in Orlando. We are just outside the cone and it’s still blowing 30 w gusts of 50 as I’m typing this. Hope y’all made it unscathed

Attachments