What's new

Humming motor

JamboWash

Reaction score
this morning i found one of the bay had shut down now power to it, i found that one on the sami fuse was lighted up , i turn of power to the bay change the fuse and replace the sami fuse cap back, now the bay is on but on high pressure function the 3 phase motor is humming keep humming where and what do i start to check now.

Randy

Reaction score
It sounds to me like like you have a incoming power issue, motor contactor or a bad 3ph. motor. Check your incoming power with a volt meter and check the leads going to the motor, they should all be tight and they should all have 208/220/230 volts going to them, whatever your set up for.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm not sure motors are smart enough to remember the words but maybe if you wrote them on a sheet of paper and placed it where it could see it all the time then it might stop it from humming.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve lost a phase, start with what Randy said. Power before and after the contactor, need 3 hot legs.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
My bet is the power is fine. The motor is fine. You only have two phases coming through the contactor.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Thank you for following up. Always good to hear how an issue was resolved.