What's new

Hubble Lights!

dogwasher

Reaction score
I noticed a few post about Hubble lights so I thought I would get my two cents in! 20 months ago I purchased fourteen (14) 250 watt glass lens lights from Kleenrite, so far I have changed about 18 capacitors, one ballast and many bulbs only a week or two goes by before I'm repairing another one. I have 208 single phase and the lights are wired accordingly. My guess is its my electrical supply to the building causing the problem since the lights are so basic with only a Bulb, Capacitor and a ballast? I did call Kleenrite three times in the past year and after placing a order I would tell them my story and asked if they could have the Hubble Rep call me so I could see if he or she had any thoughts on my problem. Kleenrite said they would have the rep get back to me...So I'm still waiting and no call. I wonder why I still call them to order anything! When I do call they rush me for my order to the point where I feel uncomfortable I guess there in a hurry to get to the buck.
So I feel I have some sort of electrical problem with my building electrical?
Thanks for any input.

dogwasher

Reaction score
When I check the voltage its about 214volts, I'm wondering if its changing when I'm not watching it? Another thing about my setup that may be causing problems is that my original lights used to be 175 watt with 12 gauge wire and 30 amp breakers. I'm not sure what the amp draw used to be but now I'm drawing in the upper 20s with a warm breaker...I'm thinking I should have 10 gauge wire in there.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you trying to run all 14 lights off of one breaker? Check the amperage when the lights first come on. I think you might be under powering the light fixtures. #12 wire is rated at 20 amps max. The breaker shouldn’t be warm to the touch at anytime. A 30 amp breaker on #12 wire is too big of a breaker for #12 wire. You should either rewire the circuit with #10 wire or split the circuit and put in another 20 amp breaker and replace the 30 with a 20.