What's new

hubbell wall pack

Kool Wash

Reaction score
I just bought a hubbell 150 watt wall pack, the one from kleen rite catalog. They also sent me the bulb that goes with it. Problem is none of the metal halide bulbs are working in the unit. There is power going to it and regular household 60watt bulbs work just fine. Is there something going on with wiring or I'm I using bulbs that are not compatible with the unit. I have tried 3 metal halite bulbs, none work. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

sparkey

Reaction score
If a regular home bulb works in it are you sure you have a metal halide fixture? The metal halide fixture should have a ballast in it which produces high voltage for the metal halide light. I doubt a standard incandescent bulb would last long under the high voltage.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If it is a multi voltage fixture make sure you have it wired for the correct supply voltage.

MEP001

Reaction score
Post a link to the fixture from the Kleen-Rite site.

The fixture should tell you what bulb it requires. Either you got a bad one, a bunch of bad bulbs or you wired it wrong.

Kool Wash

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies to all, but I'm done playing electrician after a nice jolt while on a ladder. A real one coming out tomorrow , I'll post if anything really dumb or brilliant happens. Thanks again fellas.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Sounds like the wrong fixture. Aren't the bulb bases are larger for a 150w met.halide than a household incandescent? You shouldn't have been able to screw one in.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had some 175W MH fixtures that used a small based bulb. They were the biggest pieces of crap I ever owned. I had eight of them and don't think all of them ever worked at the same time, not even the first day since one of them didn't work straight out of the box.