What's new

HP Manifold

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Comments on this set up.

View attachment 6142
I would reccomend stainless elbows/fittings instead of the brass and seperate checkvalves for each air line. I like your drawing and organization. The checkvalves for airlines would be reassurance for your flowjet pump having damage. That's the way mine are and I may be doing it wrong all these years. Maybe someone else will chim in.

MEP001

Reaction score
I always tee (or technically "cross") presoak, tire cleaner, and air into one check valve and tee the tubing lines in the room. It's simpler with one less check valve to go bad and it will work the same in the bay. This is how I like the manifold:

Boom manifold.jpg

The long nipple under the central cross is stainless steel. After 20 years of high pressure and chemical flow, a brass nipple will get really thin. When it breaks, you'll have a lot of trouble getting it apart with standard pipe extractors.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I would use 90⁰ connections "from the pump" and "to the wand"

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mine is same as MEP but it is above each bay. I think that will make for a quicker changeover - especially for bays that are #s 3-6 from the ER.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
For what it's worth, this is our set up.

From left to right:

- High pressure from Cat pump
- Spot free (RO) rinse
- Pre-soak - liquid & air
- Tyre and engine clean - liquid and air

We recently made some changes to this setup, and after about 11 years the brass fittings all looked in good shape still.

1654248077858.png

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
That's a nice clean set up
Thanks - I wish I could take credit. We were fortunate to purchase a well built facility. Only major workmanship issues I have found are where no-one can usually see, and pipe, cables etc. were haphazardly laid together. Over time I have tidied this up, so now the facility overall is in pretty good shape.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm about to build three stainless manifolds to replace our 21 year old brass ones and add tire cleaner. I'm using this thread and our old ones for reference. 3/8" HP line, 1/4" HP line for 400 psi spot free, tire cleaner w/air, and presoak w/air. We had our flat roof torn off and a 6/12 pitched roof installed so we now have a really nice attic with a heated, insulated wood trough on its floor. It is offset from center and will have a single 3/8" HP hose coming out the side going to the boom center. If injecting air into the PS and TC would 1/4 OD nylon tubing be sufficient or should I run 3/8 OD? We do have 2507 tips on the guns. Also anyone else have any photos of their manifolds? I'm trying to think of the best orientation and location of the fittings for easier repairs later on.

OurTown

Reaction score
I assume we should be using class 3000 fittings and schedule 40 pipe nipples. There are a lot of class 150 fittings at KR and CWSS and they are not rated for very high pressure. The 3000 fittings are crazy expensive. Where do you guys get your fittings from?

OurTown

Reaction score
Would 3/8" check valves make any noticeable flow difference over 1/4"?

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Would 3/8" check valves make any noticeable flow difference over 1/4"?
I've personally never used 3/8" check valves, but I can't see them making any noticeable flow difference. Especially being mounted right above the boom.