What's new

How to update MEI / MARS bill acceptor firmware?

lplpmc

Reaction score
Hey guys, just looking for a simple answer here. I have a number of AE2411s that have flash port and need upgrading. I am able to repair them myself for the most part in terms of service (from necessity we're a small father/son operation)

Does the MEI Series 2000 BPM Lite 110V require any additional hardware? Or is it as simple as hooking it up, providing line voltage and bam we're updated i.e. software preloaded and ready to deploy?

Thank you,

Randy

Reaction score
Do you have a BPM programmer? CPI/MEI charges no for each download that is loaded on the BPM programmer. How many validators do you have that need to be updated? If you've only got a few it might not worth buying a BPM programmer.

lplpmc

Reaction score
I'd estimate around 15-20 units that would need upgrading - Would you care to elaborate what you mean charge per download ? The listing I am looking at says the BPM lite is unlimited?

" This BPM module allows for unlimited downloads and at this time can be updated for a nominal fee if the currency changes again! "

Randy

Reaction score
I'd estimate around 15-20 units that would need upgrading - Would you care to elaborate what you mean charge per download ? The listing I am looking at says the BPM lite is unlimited?

" This BPM module allows for unlimited downloads and at this time can be updated for a nominal fee if the currency changes again! "
When CPI bought Mars/MEI they changed just about everything. Now they charge you to load X number of downloads onto your programmer. I've got 3 programmers. The 20 validators that need to be updated, do they need to be updated for the colored $5 bill. Is that what your looking to do?

lplpmc

Reaction score
Yes, pretty much just $5 support. So these BPM lite devices are not all inclusive with software preloaded?

Randy

Reaction score
Yes, pretty much just $5 support. So these BPM lite devices are not all inclusive with software preloaded?
So how have you been getting by without accepting the 2008 colored $5 bill? It came out about 13 years ago.