What's new

How to reopen/introduce new Autobay system to customers

Touchless

Reaction score
We are soon closing our Touchless Autobay to have a Washworld Razor installed. Looking for how others introduced the new system (which will also has higher wash package prices) to customers. Did you offer discounts, free washes or other promos when reopening?

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
I revamped my old Superior System to Razors back in 2018 and honestly the learning curve wasn't really that bad at all. We went from a treadle park system to the razor so it virtually eliminated majority of our parking issues we were having. Are you pay stations staying the same and operating the same? I made sure to get all new signage that looked fresh and new so that way the customer would stop and recognize something different and for that first visit read the signage. The other things I did notice with my razor was people tend to greatly pull towards the left much more than right in the bay and I installed to 4' tall pylons at the front of my bay so someone can park their car better seeing reference points at the front since they can't see the reflectors on the ground once they are pulling into the bay. The loud speaker that comes with the system worked wonders and it really wasn't too much of an adjustment for majority of my customers and I received much more positive feedback even with a $4 price increase across the board since they could see the difference from the machine side and signage being "new".

Touchless

Reaction score
I revamped my old Superior System to Razors back in 2018 and honestly the learning curve wasn't really that bad at all. We went from a treadle park system to the razor so it virtually eliminated majority of our parking issues we were having. Are you pay stations staying the same and operating the same? I made sure to get all new signage that looked fresh and new so that way the customer would stop and recognize something different and for that first visit read the signage. The other things I did notice with my razor was people tend to greatly pull towards the left much more than right in the bay and I installed to 4' tall pylons at the front of my bay so someone can park their car better seeing reference points at the front since they can't see the reflectors on the ground once they are pulling into the bay. The loud speaker that comes with the system worked wonders and it really wasn't too much of an adjustment for majority of my customers and I received much more positive feedback even with a $4 price increase across the board since they could see the difference from the machine side and signage being "new".
Thanks, great info. We are replacing our old Portal TI pay station with a Portal TI+ so the only major difference for customers will be the touchscreen.
We are having new, colorful signs being made.
Our current i5000 has rails on the floor to keep them from drifting to much to one side. I do wonder how it will be with no rails. Where exactly are your 4’ pylons? Near where they would stop in the bay? I am glad to be getting rid of the treadles.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One idea is to do a soft opening first. No fan fare. Get up amd running and iron out any wrinkles. Then do a grand opening to hype it up. Free washes, some giveaways, food maybe. Advertise it first. Make it on Saturday with a rain date Sunday.