What's new

how to make sure chemical products are always same?

washtecnic

Reaction score
Hello,

How can I make sure the chemical products I get from the same supplier have always the same characteristics?

It feels that some times they differ, maybe they get disolved with water?

Is there a way to have it undercontrol by measuring acidity? alcalinity? density ? weight of the container?

Are there some easy parameters to measure in order to make sure product is same?

Thanks,

Mario

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Even the best chemical manufacturers occasionally have a QC issue. That being said, most brand names are consistent and experience very few quality issues. If you are using a local blender there is a greater chance of quality issues since most do not have a QC process in place. Most brand companies maintain retains for every batch they produce that can be checked in their lab if there are quality issues.

There is no quantitative method for you to check the quality of a product other than seeing a drop in performance or a change in usage. If you are seeing variances from order to order you may need to find a better supplier.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I assume you have a touchless wash. How are you setting the presoak now? Are you using titration? If you have to make adjustments to get the same titration or PH levels between barrels, then you may have problems.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
If you know how to titrate you should be able to test the strength but I doubt that the pH level would vary enough to tell you anything. If your current supplier can't or won't show you how to titrate it's time to find a new supplier.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ph is one way of setting up presoak, we did it that way for years. If he was using PH to set the presoak, it would be one way of checking the chemical strength. As far as any chemical other than presoak, you will just have to check the "performance" of each barrel. If you have to keep changing tips or pump setting between barrels to get the same results, this would be an indicator of inconstancy.