What's new

How to isolate Cryptopay revenue

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
Here is a question for the Cryptopay veterans out there. We recently installed Cryptopay in one self serve bay and in our dog wash. All of our credit card transactions are processed by the same processor (First Data) which includes our IBA. I can isolate Cryptopay transactions from my Unitec entry station easy enough but can't figure out a way to measure the cc revenue for the ss bay and the dog wash separately.

I know there are a lot of threads and posts regarding Cryptopay, but I didn't see how anyone was doing this. Cryptopay didn't have a good answer so I thought I would see if you guys have come up with a clever way to measure and record the revenue.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Here is a question for the Cryptopay veterans out there. We recently installed Cryptopay in one self serve bay and in our dog wash. All of our credit card transactions are processed by the same processor (First Data) which includes our IBA. I can isolate Cryptopay transactions from my Unitec entry station easy enough but can't figure out a way to measure the cc revenue for the ss bay and the dog wash separately.

I know there are a lot of threads and posts regarding Cryptopay, but I didn't see how anyone was doing this. Cryptopay didn't have a good answer so I thought I would see if you guys have come up with a clever way to measure and record the revenue.
You would think they would be able. The only reason I say that on the cryptopay web site when looking at the receipt option it showed a customer receipt that broke down the purchase by wash $5, Vac $2 etc....so if they can do that for the customer receipt you would think it could be done via some sort of reporting option. I know when the deposit is made it can't be because that is how they keep the transaction fee lower by bunding the multiple charges into a single transaction BEFORE it gets processed by First Data.

mjc3333

Reaction score
For now the only way to get that info is from Cryptopay by email. They can send you a report on what charges were made in which piece of equipment by its swiper number in an excel spreadsheet. They are working on a way to have each car wash owner be able to do the same thing in the near future. I just email Tom or Blake once a week for the breakdowns.

The only time i request the report more often is if i need to know which cc number was used in which bay for customer problems.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing about the receipt sample on their website. But Tom at Cryptopay advises I can't separate the charges by swiper. Although, when we tested, Tom was able to distinguish between swipers.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
For now the only way to get that info is from Cryptopay by email. They can send you a report on what charges were made in which piece of equipment by its swiper number in an excel spreadsheet. They are working on a way to have each car wash owner be able to do the same thing in the near future. I just email Tom or Blake once a week for the breakdowns.

The only time i request the report more often is if i need to know which cc number was used in which bay for customer problems.
This is helpful information. I am willing to go monthly instead of weekly. Perhaps if enough of us do this they will feel more compelled to develop a better solution for car wash owners. No ill feelings toward Cryptopay, I just need to monitor the revenue.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How about this for a low tech approach. A counter at each pay point counts "Pulses"
The counter can be resettable or record beginning and end numbers, so you get the numer of pulses over a certain period. Lets say its 25 cents per pulse. If the counter shows 600 pulses and you have $100 cash then, then the cash accounts for 400 pulses and 200 pulses or $50.00 was on the credit cards.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
How about this for a low tech approach. A counter at each pay point counts "Pulses"
The counter can be resettable or record beginning and end numbers, so you get the numer of pulses over a certain period. Lets say its 25 cents per pulse. If the counter shows 600 pulses and you have $100 cash then, then the cash accounts for 400 pulses and 200 pulses or $50.00 was on the credit cards.
I had already tested that hypothesis by clearing out the "inventory" on the timer and swiped my card to test. Talked with Dixmor too and they weren't sure what results to expect with the test. However, the pulses don't get recorded when the customer uses cc.

Nice try, but no luck. Thanks.