What's new

How to Improve Triple Foam Delivery

Reaction score
The video I made of this is kind of long because i included the entire installation and etc. so you can kind of skip to the end of the video.

Ultimately I am looking for any additional tips on how I can make this Triple Foam the most satisfying car wash experience out there.

I have already been getting a lot of car guys using it and I see them taking instagram pictures etc. But I feel like I can make it even better. I though about changing the tip down a few degrees so that the fan is a little bit fuller. Also I never could get the foam all the way to a shaving cream thick consistency like I am able to do with the foam brush. I actually prefer that its a bit runny like it is but is the triple foam formula (KleenRite product) not meant to be as thick as Foam Brush?

I do have some BlendCo triple foam that another car wash owner gave me so I am going to compare that conditioner next. I hope that the red is a little more vivid in their product.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use a 2540 tip, very high volume and a fairly narrow fan.

A lot of what makes triple foam apply well is the foam generator. You don't want it as thick as foam brush or you won't get the volume your customer needs to cover their car in a reasonable time. I've watched people at other washes try it and get frustrated when it takes a couple minutes to cover one fender. Mine comes out heavy enough to cover most of a car in two minutes. My customers use the heck out of it, and the three 5 gallon pails last about six months, so it's not a high cost.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I think the consistency you have it is fine. What tip size and psi are you running it at in the video?

TurboJet

Reaction score
I find It’s a trade off sometimes with too much thick foam that will not dissipate or go flat for a prolonged time. Customers will load the car with foam (same with foam Brush soap) until timer expires then hand wash or use the foam brush with meter off. You have to play with the air and pump pressure along with hydro tip ratios to find the sweet spot. Triple foam is a smart addition for ROI. I have customers who come to my wash for this reason. Also, Sureflow pumps have been very reliable for me.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Nice job on the installation.

I believe you’ll get closer to your desired "vivid" colors with a premium conditioner.
3040 spray tip is about as wide of a spray pattern you should use. Wider patterns tend to make a mess when foam hits the gun's tip protector.

What are your plans for operating in freezing conditions?

Southern Pride made some stout stuff…overbuilt in some folk’s minds. Durable as hell, as witnessed by your system’s age. Souring relations with their distributors, poor management decisions, and the economy contributed to SP’s downward spiral. Carolina Pride and others (Manni, Havens, R. Bell) built systems nearly identical to SP.

And why is Richard Petty’s image on the J-box decal?
#43 & Southern Pride

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback on the system. It sounds like the common denominator is try different tip sizes. I am currently on a 5040 tip and like you mentioned @cantbreak80 It hits the protector and drips off the gun.

Also appreciate the history lesson on Southern Pride. The build on it looked so similar to my Carolina Pride and both using the Pride in their names I though it might have been a merger or something.

Finally the Richard Petty sticker. Good question...I though it looked cool so I left it haha

carwashlasvegas

Reaction score
In terms of improving the Triple Foam experience, I think changing the tip down a few degrees to create a fuller fan could be a good idea. This would help to distribute the foam more evenly and ensure that the car is thoroughly covered. Regarding the consistency of the foam, it is important to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the Triple Foam product you are using. If the foam is supposed to be runny, then it is best not to try to make it thicker as this may affect its effectiveness.

It is great that you are open to trying out different products and comparing them to see which one works best for your customers. However, it is important to keep in mind that different products may have different formulations and therefore may produce different results. It is always best to follow the manufacturer's instructions and use the product as intended.

Overall, I think that by making some adjustments to the Triple Foam system, you can enhance the car washing experience for your customers even further. As a professional mobile car washer, it is important to continually evaluate and improve your services to meet the needs and expectations of your customers.