What's new

How to conveniently program LED6 Timers with 24V Transformer

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I received new Dixmor LED6 timers and needed to program them, with custom text. It’s been so hot & busy at my car wash in California, that it’s NOT convenient or comfortable to stand in each bay (5 bays), changing one character at a time. I’m searching & selecting capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. I called DixMor last week and spoke to Morris (the delightful and helpful owner). He recommended hooking the timer to a 24 volt doorbell transformer. For convenience and aesthetics, I ended up using a 24-volt Orbit irrigation transformer ($20), that already had wall plugs. Morris said the wires are interchangeable. I connected PIN #9 – GREEN (24 VAC Common) and PIN #10 – ORANGE (24 VAC HOT) to the 2 wires on the transformer. Voila it worked!! I was able to relax in my quiet air-conditioned home, sit at my dining room table, and quickly program my timers!!

Lord knows I can't work any harder, only smarter!! 🤓 THANK YOU MORRIS!! :love:

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I sit in my vehicle with the AC on and set the timer with the remote when I have to do a bunch of them.

IMO, no one reads the timer beyond seeing what the start-up price is. I set them to RTRO, which displays the price static on the display.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I sit in the truck also winter or summer with remote & windows rolled up. Then you can read the paperwork programming and all. Your right
Done a lot of them like that.

Randy

Reaction score
About 25 years ago I built a test unit specifically for testing and programming Dixmor timers and coin acceptors with indicator lights that show the output of the Dixmor timer. I later added the ability to test and program 24 volt bill validators with the Dixmor timer. I keep this unit on my work bench or I can take it with me if I have to go out into the field.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
About 25 years ago I built a test unit specifically for testing and programming Dixmor timers and coin acceptors with indicator lights that show the output of the Dixmor timer. I later added the ability to test and program 24 volt bill validators with the Dixmor timer. I keep this unit on my work bench or I can take it with me if I have to go out into the field.
Way to go ... Kimberly & also credit to Dixmor for some helpful guidance!

Randy ... We did something similar for testing our coin boxes. It really helps to be able to bench test as much as possible ... especially for some facilities that possibly have a greater variety of sections of equipment like our ... ugh ... sometimes down ... portions of our laundry, car n dog wash. When we replaced three less than 2 years ago of our 30# clothes dryers with two 75# dryers we are gradually getting closer being able to bench test most of the controls. The spare dryers kind of set the stage for being able to do that. Mountain Electronics from North Carolina helps with the rebuilds of PCB boards but we want to be extra sure of the specific problem before we send them in.

Our washers are still almost 100% just electromechanical but the Gen4 European made Electrolux-Wascomat sold a tester pre-made & I bought the tester for bench testing control trays ... it was spendy at the time ... but it has proved to be worth it ... even for possible worthwhile modification included in a specific control tray! The extreme safety requiement of our dedicated 905-1092 g force extractors also are now proving to need benching ... a lighted magnifier also helps along with our 2nd story attic truss room to house the lesser used testing workbench!

With some of the challenges that arise with the "in the cloud" process of a large number of credit-debit receptacles... including phone payment app operation at a facility ... that type of bench testing might even possibly be helpful for some ... IMHO ... of course.

OurTown

Reaction score
We programmed our LED6 timers with custom welcome text but I agree with Mep, rarely anyone reads them. More importantly it takes time away from the start price being displayed. We do like the custom text during count up to instruct someone to stop the flashing button when done but we still have some first time customers that leave it running. Programming an LED9 multifunction timer with custom welcome text on a 6-in-1 combo vac and each function a custom name and price will test your patience. It's so easy to make a mistake and will drive you bonkers. The second one we we programmed did not get the custom welcome text. 😁

Keno

Reaction score
The people who usually read the text on the displays are the new customers who are trying to figure out how to use everything, they are the ones that need it the most IMO