What's new

How to clean polycarbonate doors?

wash12

Reaction score
Hi I have some old airlift polycarbonate doors that look very aged and need a deep cleaning, what works best on cleaning these I tried straight vinegar and didn't do that great. I was thinking trying half water half muriatic acid but not sure it that would damage doors.

What works best on these doors?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Hi I have some old airlift polycarbonate doors that look very aged and need a deep cleaning, what works best on cleaning these I tried straight vinegar and didn't do that great. I was thinking trying half water half muriatic acid but not sure it that would damage doors.

What works best on these doors?
I called them and they said Kleen Wall which I'be been using on my extrutech walls will work on them.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We watch the amount of dwell time if we resort to the stronger wall cleaner. We wash them very often so scum usually is not a problem like if we rarely washed & lightly scrubbed them.

soapy

Reaction score
I dilute muratic acid 3 to 1 with water. Apply let dwell 1 minute and run with soft brush.in handle and rinse. Sorry not mystic, auto correct on a tablet.

Last edited:

wash12

Reaction score
I dilute mystic acid 3 to 1 with water. Apply let dwell 1 minute and run with soft brush.in handle and rinse.
Mystic acid? Is this the same as muriatic acid? Never heard of mystic acid.

OurTown

Reaction score
Mystic acid? Is this the same as muriatic acid? Never heard of mystic acid.
Maybe myristic acid? I had to look it up because I have not heard of it.

Starrwash

Reaction score
I dilute muratic acid 3 to 1 with water. Apply let dwell 1 minute and run with soft brush.in handle and rinse. Sorry not mystic, auto correct on a tablet.
Thank you thank you! Cleaned my doors today following your method, never been so clean, much appreciated!