What's new

How to Clean my LaserWash 4000 Bridge Cover?

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've got an older LW4000 and the fiberglass bridge cover is quite dirty... never tried to clean it, and don't want to go about this with the wrong cleaner or method and risk ruining the vinyl label on there.

I know it's going to take more than 409. Something with a gentle scrub would be about right. Wondered if I could use Bar Keeper's Friend or Mr Clean Magic Eraser??

Any suggestions with proven results?

thanks,
Michael

MEP001

Reaction score
Klean Wall takes the stuff right off. You'll want to neutralize it afterward. A coat of a good quality automotive wax will make them stay clean longer.

gearhead

Reaction score
I use Aluminate @ 10 to 1. Works great. Use it to clean my walls also. I would wear the proper safety attire while working with this...

mparker1975

Reaction score
We have a lazer wash 4000 and clean it with Klean Wall in the Spring and Fall. We apply it full strength with a chemical brush, scrub and rinse. Works great.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Please explain your process for applying wax to your automatics.

Please see "Karate Kid" for reference. Wax on, wax off. Just get some good paste wax and get started. It's fiberglass just like a boat or corvette. Once it's clean it just needs a good coat of wax to keep the water and nasty stuff beading off of it.

soapy

Reaction score
I use muratic acid from the hardware store for my toughest cleaning problems. They sell low fume version now. I drill a small hole in the lid and squirt it on full strength on heavy build up area and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then a light scrub will remove heavy build up. For regular walls I dilute it 3 parts water to 1 part muratic acid. Apply with a acid sprayer or brush on. A light scrub and then rinse. It is only $5 per gallon and works better than anything I have ever found.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I use "The Works- Toilet Bowl Cleaner" from Dollar Tree. $1 for 24oz bottle. Mix it 50/50 and use a sprayer to apply it. It has HCL so you need to be careful when handling it and don't breathe the vapors. Works well as a wall cleaner and much cheaper than Kleen Wall or Nu Wall and you don't have to worry about HF.

dax_festival

Reaction score
I also use The Works on all my bridges and walls.Takes everything off I've tried. Cheap too.