What's new

How to anchor booms to wall

Etowah

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I need to anchor some Mosmatic in bay dryer booms to a concrete block wall. What anchors have worked well for you or do you just drill all the way thru and use a long bolt/nut?

6t7gto

Reaction score
Mine were originally anchored to the wall and eventually loosened.
I did your second method with all-thread and have never had another problem.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
...................... or do you just drill all the way thru and use a long bolt/nut?
Most anchors in Block seem to work loose. Thru Bolt seems to last a lifetime. Reccomend Stainless.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I need to anchor some Mosmatic in bay dryer booms to a concrete block wall. What anchors have worked well for you or do you just drill all the way thru and use a long bolt/nut?
Ric,

Those are extra heavy booms you are installing. We went clear through our 8" lightweight block wall with stainless ready rod when we installed the extra heavy Mosmatic Wall Booms with Extensions for our in bay self service blow drys last summer. Also, when we mounted our Hydrospray (Mosmatic) Z booms last summer we went clear through our hollow core concrete rubber membrane covered roof with long stainless steel bolts. Resealing the roof membrane in house with a plastic welder (bought off of Ebay) was not that tough & was successful.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html