What's new

How scalable is your Biz….

Etowah

sjb

Reaction score
What percentage of time are your machines in use….?

What could you do to fill those other empty stalls and vacs…?

Just something else to think about on this new year’s agenda!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I tried a program using Coin Co Coupons and selling in Bulk. Not a great success.

Reactions: sjb

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I agree that this is something to think about. But for our particular location, there is only a very limited market for "other things", so there would be a limit to how much time, effort and money could be put towards any new services or revenue streams.

That said, it certainly is good to sit back and consider other options. I'll grab a glass of wine and start thinking.....

washnshine

Reaction score
It’s tough because it’s primarily a self serve business and many of the other service-based options require employees.

Etowah

Bill Capron

Reaction score
I think the times my bays are empty is related to weather. Dark, rainy, ugly days don’t get much business.
Another factor is town activity, I’m in a beach tourist town. Razor clam digging draws a LOT of sportsman.
This year the fall season was closed by Fish and Game. I estimate a $4000.00 loss of business from people not rinsing off the underside of their cars after clam digging. A big bonus for me is if a ship, boat or whale washes up on the beach and people come out to look.
I keep my carwash well lit and in good repair. I don’t want anyone to have a bad experience.
I really hate coupons and discounting.

MEP001

Reaction score
My bays are at capacity all day Saturday and Sunday, but what about a carpet extractor cleaner in a couple of the slower bays that's only available during the week? I have thought about adding one somewhere on the lot, but without plumbing for water or a drain it would have to dump into a tank that I'd have to empty, so if it's in a bay I could just dump it in the drain every day, and I could plumb water overhead to it.

OurTown

Reaction score
My bays are at capacity all day Saturday and Sunday, but what about a carpet extractor cleaner in a couple of the slower bays that's only available during the week? I have thought about adding one somewhere on the lot, but without plumbing for water or a drain it would have to dump into a tank that I'd have to empty, so if it's in a bay I could just dump it in the drain every day, and I could plumb water overhead to it.

We have been thinking about that for years but here would have the additional issue of freeze protection. My concern is that they wouldn't vacuum first and might clog the nozzle or it would get large "items" in the dirt water. I bet one of those would do well if it worked good and was priced just right.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How is that different than a Combo Shampoo N Vac?

cincycarwash

Reaction score
I have tried to make sure my entire dial is filled with options from tire shine to wax, to anything that will increase time. We also added air dryers, and that has helped extend use.

one thing I am looking at is widening one of my bays so I can fit more service trucks, amazon vans, etc. And also putting in some automatic garage doors to help during the cold months (in Ohio)

MEP001

Reaction score
We have been thinking about that for years but here would have the additional issue of freeze protection. My concern is that they wouldn't vacuum first and might clog the nozzle or it would get large "items" in the dirt water. I bet one of those would do well if it worked good and was priced just right.
I thought about mounting the whole thing, extractor, dirty water barrel, and a vacuum, all on a cart to be unhooked and moved out of the bay Friday night. I'd probably lock the unit to the wall, and my original thought was to either roll the unit into the equipment room or build a storage for it, but I could lock it to the back of the ER and hook it up there for weekend use. It just won't be in the shade.

My cousin used to have a bunch of washes, and he had a couple extractors with a vacuum next to it, and instructions to vacuum first. If they didn't vacuum, it wouldn't cause a problem with the machine, and the slit for pulling up the water was too narrow to let anything into the extractor tank.