What's new

How often do you replace vacuum hoses?

WikiWash

Reaction score
How often do you replace vacuum hoses? What are your reasons for changing them, do you wait till a car drives over them, do you wait till they get a hole in them, or do they just look too dirty and new ones would attract customers? My hoses just look a bit scratched up and I know the insides of them are pretty gross and are probably a little over a year old.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been using blue hoses, and they can get pretty dirty looking but I remove a couple every few days and wash them in a bay so they never get really grimy. About half of them I replace because they're either looking sort of crushes on the claw end or they break and start to unravel, the rest start to wear through against the concrete which is really rough.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
-----do you wait till they get a hole in them,------or do they just look too dirty and new ones would attract customers? -------------- I know the insides of them are pretty gross .
Holes, if badly crushed, or outside looks bad. As long as it's not clogged I don't care what the inside looks like - never check.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've cleaned the insides a few times, usually if it was so bad that the hose felt heavier than normal. It's usually paint or glue of that expanding foam (Yes, someone vacuumed that up once).

WikiWash

Reaction score
Hahaha I'm not surprised MEP. it's amazing how some people don't respect other people's property.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I pull hoses off every 2 weeks and wash the insides with HP @ the time I clean out vacs.As far as replacing them when crushed or 3 years.

Randy

Reaction score
We replace the Vac hoses every year (in the spring) whether they need it or not. We wash out the Vac hoses once a week and replace the vac filters every 6 months with a clean set. We clean out the vac’s 3 times a week, Monday, Thursday and Saturday and inspect the gaskets at that time. Your vac’s perform better than any of the other vac’s in the area. Vacuums are the highest income generator on the property.