What's new

How much land do you need?

advintagellc

Reaction score
I am new to the car wash game, but I see an opportunity in a small(ish) town. There is a main street with traffic counts of about 21k cars per day. The issue is the only viable piece of land available is 0.56 acres and shaped a bit irregularly. Is this enough land to support an automated car wash? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

1710374566862.png

advintagellc

Reaction score
What type of automated wash? It looks big enough for a double in bay auto setup but not a tunnel.
. I'm fairly agnostic, as to the type. I guess the land will dictate what can be supported there. So you say probably big enough only for a double in bay auto setup?

Last edited:

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
It's big enough. not ideal, but big enough.

No idea about required setbacks, but going by published minimums, you could fit a 90' tunnel along the 187' side.

Or an "Express" auto bay with a Petit machine if you didn't want employees. Double or even triple of them in fact.

There are some options there.

Depends on what competition is already in town.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
In 1990 we built a 4 bay SS on a 95' wide x 150' deep lot. We got a variance to put one end of the building on the property line, but had we not, we would have just built a 3 bay. 14 years later, we converted the bay closest to the equipment room to an auto. It's still in business today.

advintagellc

Reaction score
In 1990 we built a 4 bay SS on a 95' wide x 150' deep lot. We got a variance to put one end of the building on the property line, but had we not, we would have just built a 3 bay. 14 years later, we converted the bay closest to the equipment room to an auto. It's still in business today.
Ha! I get it. I used to own hair salons...feels crazy to pay for a hair cut now, but what are you gonna do?

Thanks for the feedback.