What's new

How Much Is This Stuff Worth?

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have been trying to sell a bunch of stuff from a car wash I needed to close after selling my more modern wash right down the road. I've posted it here on ACF, on Craigslist, and on Ebay. Obviously, I want too much for the equipment or it would have sold. The main items are a 6 bay Mark VII pump stand that is in remarkably great condition, 8 vacuums, and two dog wash bays.

Here is what I had listings for:
Pump stand - $3500
Vacs - $500 Each
2 Dog Wash Bays - $10k (paid $18k 3 years ago)

I am posting this in this section because I want your opinions on my pricing. I want to unload this stuff but think that for anything lower I should just keep it and somewhere along the way I will find a buyer or break it down and sell the pumps and parts separately. Are these prices too high? Let me know your thoughts!

Buzzie

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
A non stainless ancient mark VII pumpstand is not worth much to anyone except IBWashincars But if you don't have Arimitsu pumps on it, even he is probably not interested. I'd cut is loose for $2500 in a heartbeat. They ae not bad if you pull all the overengineered crap out of them and build common chemical manifolds . You may have better luck selling cat pumps individually for $300 each, and the motors for $100 each on ebay, but that is a hassle.

Regular (non combo) vacs have been selling in this area for $250 each for years. maybe try $350 and someone may come along and buy them. I'll be glad to trade you some 50 gallon three phase water heaters for them. :)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Although it's probably not what you want hear, I mostly agree with cfcw. I do think he is overly optimistic on the pump values though. I never managed to get that much for a used Cat pump. A couple of years ago I bought a similar, but stainless set-up for $4500. It had been on ebay for a long time and I bought it because it was close and the seller brought it to me. I used it to replace a system newer than yours that had rusted out and the frames collapsed.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Liquidation value is a nice idea that rarely works in reality.

Historically, most F/F/E was valued at between 50 and 60 percent of book value.

Today, the “market” might yield 20 or 30 percent or less depending on demand.

Out of a “total population” of about 25,000 carwash owners, how many are in market for used Mark VII pump stand that is in remarkably great condition, 8 vacuums and two dog washes?

Assume 25 percent or 6,250 owners.

How many of these owners are within economic distance?

Assume 10 percent or 625 people.

This is why you might be lucky to fetch $5,000 for the dog wash bays.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Part out the pumps stands, make some concrete bases and try to place the vacuums at gas/conv stores. and send me pics of a dog bay I might have some interest in one if price was right.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Here is a link to the post I put in the used equipment for sale section of the forum.
http://www.autocareforum.com/showth...r-Wash-Equipment-from-Wash-I-am-Shutting-Down
I just realized I had the pump stand listed for $4500, I lowered the price on Ebay and Craigslist to $3500. I might just roll them out of my equipment room into my lot and put a big sign on each pump stand that says "Build Your Own Home Car Wash Bay" and try sell each stand with two pumps for $1200 each. There is photo of dog wash bay and equipment.