What's new

How much for your vacuums and time in bay?

chaz

Reaction score
Where might this totally cashless car wash be located?
Not sure he’s cashless (by my read) just sounds like he takes only bills and I assume credit/debit.

I agree coins can be a bit of a pain...that’s why I dispense only dollar coins....but I do like all forms of money be that plastic, coin, or bills. I take it all! Feel free to send any “pita”coins my way.....

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Where might this totally cashless car wash be located?
Hi Kevin.. My wash in Oregon is not cashless.. Cash (Bills and C.C.) all bays and vacs.. above 70% Credit/Debit.. I thinks there are several around the country that are Credit/Debit only.. I'm headed in that direction SOON!.. LOL..

Roz

Reaction score
We considered using Coinless when you first launched as it is a neat idea and we embrace new technologies.

Issue is the costs. The transaction costs of about 3% plus 0.15 per transaction is in line with CryptoPay. The harder cost to pass onto operators is the month cost that can be as high as $120 per month for an unproven technology. Gets really expensive if only a handful of customers use it.

Roz

Reaction score
Right now we aren't charging any subscription, once it does kick in it would be tiered pricing based on active users so that the owner can get to profitability quickly. If you turn on loyalty points and make a membership program, the system should pay for itself very quickly. Now's a good time to hop on and try it since you won't have to pay for the subscription - you can always return the hardware if customers aren't biting.
$69-$199 per month just will not fly for us. We appreciate that you want to recoup your investment but other technologies are a pay for performance model (ie just paying when there is a transaction). If you were processing $100K per year via your technology that might fly but I think the number of users is marginal at best.

docopp

Reaction score
5 self serve bays
$2.50 4min SS
$2 4min vac
no tunnel, but a busy detail shop in the back 1/2 of our facility
we have free air and free wiper fluid in front of the SS bays (best marketing I have ever done) !!!!
Just added Blast-O-Drys in all 5 bays last week, people love them and use them
Also just put carport over 3 vacuums and will cover the other 4 vacuums in two weeks.

Kingwood, Texas

Roz

Reaction score
How do you dispense wiper fluid? Interesting idea.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Western MA
vacs $2 / 5 min
bays $3 / 3.5 min
touchfree $10,12,13,15

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
Bays: $2.00 for 3:23 for coins - $4.00 for 6:45 for credit cards
Vacuum: $1.75 for a little over 4 minutes (I don't recawl the exact time).
Southwest Louisiana

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bays: $1 for 2 min. Vacuums: $.50 for 3 min ... $1coin for 7 min(bonus 1 min). Credit & Debit cards heavily used in our very profitable ATM.

Our $1 coin bonuses possibly are not as attractive as some credit card rewards but we all should know this: Their rewards are mostly just a manipulation tactic from the CC industry to getting their numbers higher & more overwhelming. Cozy for them; not so cozy for us ... especially in the long term.

When our changers give out dollar coins rather than quarters ... the quarters magically get much fewer & the dollar amount from the larger denomination $1 coin gets higher. This is based on experience from a growing number of laundromat operators who switched to giving out only dollar coins in their changers. Just a friendly "heads up" for those who are considering getting rid of all the still worthwhile IMHO "waterproof" coins!