What's new

How much crime?

I have had this type of criminal activity at my car wash

• Total voters

MEP001

Reaction score
Other: the original owner of my wash had moved away and his mother was checking up on it. Three men approached her and asked for money, she said no. One of them punched her in the face, knocked her out and left her for dead. They didn't rob her.

There may have been other things, but that's the worst one I know of.

Randy

Reaction score
The worst case we had was when our husband and wife cleanup was attacked by a Hispanic male for no reason, he didn’t try to rob them. In less than a minute Gene’s life changed forever, today he is in a wheel chair with a brain injury, his wife has since recovered from her injuries. Alice tried to pepper spray him but she was severely beaten for her efforts. This is a prime example as to why you need to pay your employees on the books so they are covered by workman’s comp, L & I. We have the police on speed dail, so far this year we have called the police 27 times for one thing or the other.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're going to carry pepper spray, you need a really good one. I carried one from Watch Dog for at least a year before I had to use it. It was barely breezy and the air just blew it away. I carry Sabre now which is both more potent and has a much stronger spray. Only problem is if the person is really drunk or on certain drugs it may not affect them.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you're going to carry pepper spray, you need a really good one. I carried one from Watch Dog for at least a year before I had to use it. It was barely breezy and the air just blew it away. I carry Sabre now which is both more potent and has a much stronger spray. Only problem is if the person is really drunk or on certain drugs it may not affect them.
Where do you get Sabre? I need to get the STRONGEST known to man. 5 fat black women tri3d to fight 1 of employees. Luckily, he & ither employee hit them w/ foam brushes, from their prep buckets. Those thigs swung first, cameras showwd it, & PD filed charges against the perpetrators!
I want the nastiest stuff we can spary!

Randy

Reaction score
You can get on Amazon. Enter “Sabre pepper spray” it’ll come up. The problem poor Alice had when they got assaulted was she was so rattled that she couldn’t get the safety off.

Roz

Reaction score
Wasp or bear spray. You can shoot at someone's face with good accuracy (tight long spray) and it will make their eyes their primary concern. When my kids left the house we gave them wasp spray to carry. The wasp spray was more effective and from a distance so that is what they keep in their car or handbag.

MEP001

Reaction score
Wasp or bear spray. You can shoot at someone's face with good accuracy (tight long spray) and it will make their eyes their primary concern. When my kids left the house we gave them wasp spray to carry. The wasp spray was more effective and from a distance so that is what they keep in their car or handbag.
I don't know how strong someone might prosecute, but it says on the wasp spray can that it's a felony to misuse it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Where do you get Sabre? I need to get the STRONGEST known to man.
The strongest stuff is what the cops use, Fox Labs. You can get it on Amazon. I got the Sabre because it has a belt clip, and it's what the cops recommend people carry.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Vote: I have had _______ criminal activity at my self serve car wash
Unfortunately, I've experienced multiple break-ins, vandalism, graffiti and drug dealing. When we first buy our car wash 19 years ago, we had 6 break-ins, consecutively over 5 months. They started using a pry-bar to break into the vacuum coin box (stealing quarters), graduated to stealing the entire vacuum, cutting off the equipment room door and tearing out the cash machine. We have since added a rolldown security door (with 2 LAI locks), added a high-quality alarm system and high-resolution cameras. As strong as I try to remain, the reality is that each incident hurts. As a woman, I feel more vulnerable. I try to focus on the 99% good in my community, not the 1% scumbags in our society. I've learned that I can't outrun the bear, I just need to be faster than the guy behind me. I am no longer an easy target.

sjb

Reaction score
Yep!

We have experienced all those fun issues of owning a SS wash in the last 25 years…

We made the upgrades to accept CC’s and now only dispense our tokens. We do accept customers quarters and dollar coins

This conversion has reduced a lot of the daily coccka, and the cameras seem to help, in theory at least!

sjb

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I wholly endorse bear spray, if you can get it. Had a personal experience with it, by accident, in MT a few years back - totally debilitating! I'd like to see the drugs or alcohol that would prevent efficacy.