What's new

How many Signs Do I need????

Etowah

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Man I swear I need signs for everything at my wash I have signs for pickup bed washouts, making a mess, don't pull on paper when printing a receipt because you will break the printer, remove trailer hitch accessories before entering wash, no duallies in the Softgloss bay and now I have to put up NO SNOW PLOWS! because a guy just did about $500 worth of damage to my Ryko Ohd spray arm, the arm came around and got confused between the plow and the front of the truck and got stuck so the guy decided to back up cracking it off the stainless steel manifold and driving away and also used cash to pay for his wash. Come to find out that Ryko has 11 differant styles of arms for their inverted L units and being that our unit was a R&D unit this should be fun to replace.

madscientist

Reaction score
You really don't need any of those signs. The people who they are aimed at either don't read them or ignore them.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. A guy drove a backhoe into the auto. Did about $500 damage to the arch, but the first thing he took out was the clearance sign upon entering the bay.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Holy #^&* a backhoe!!! did you catch him??? I have to have the signs because when people I confront about these things I can refer to the signs and it would help with any trouble with the law if needed,

MEP001

Reaction score
Certain things are good to have on signs, but if you put up a sign for everything you'll cover every available surface. You'll also desensitize the customers, and they'll end up not reading anything. The only signs you need are to protect yourself, such as a disclaimer that a certain car might suffer a certain damage in your IBA and to "use at your own risk".

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IMO you need signs to protect yourself from liability. When you take your sign to court, you win, that's where the sign has value. When people told me,"I didn't read that", my response was "It doesn't matter, you will live by it, either here or in court". I never lost.

That being said, I hate negative signs, so you try to get the info across as possitive as possible.

mac

Reaction score
If you want to see how ineffective signs are, try this. Put one up that says, "Free $20 bill for anyone. Just ask attendent." Make it a typical small sign and I would wager you MIGHT get one request on a busy day. They really are for liability. Too many signs are a turnoff to customers.