What's new

How Long with the Same Soap Vendor ?

water guy

Reaction score
Whats the longest anyone has stayed with the same soap vendor?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since i learned of KR on this forum several years ago I have used them for a lot of stuff. Had a half dozen reps claim they could match cost and some were lucky to escape with their lives. One has matched the price on some items.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Have been a customer of Diamond Shine for over 20 yrs. Don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
A group of local owners teamed up to buy in bulk to get favorable pricing when Jim owned the company...now I just deal directly.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Somewhere in the 5 to 10 years ago range I did a price comparison. I don't remember the results but it wasn't significant enough for me to make a change.

Randy

Reaction score
We use JBS Fonic Wash from Kleen-Rite, we don’t have any reputable soap sales people in our area. We buy all of our supplies once a year when Kleen-Rite has the Buy 3 get 1 Free soap special. JBS Fonic is $72.29 per 5 gallon pail. When it’s on special it’s $55 a 5 gallon pail when you buy 3 and get one free. After you mix it with 10 gallons of water the price of a usable 5 gallon pail is $18.00 for a 5 gallon pail.

For Presoak we use Kleen-Rite Super Wash, it costs $70.75 for 50 Lb. box that makes up 55 gallons of Presoak. That ends up costing $1.29 per gallon for a product that has excellent cleaning ability.

MEP001

Reaction score
Been using Scotch Plaid, off and on through various jobs/washes, for 30 years.

soonermajic

Reaction score
MEO,
I have heard a couple guys in Dallas area switch from Scotch Plaid recently. said they were not customer friendly at all, & 1 guy said he was treated horribly after many years (& even gave em a 2nd chance).
I am NOT knocking them, just telling stories I got 1st hand...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've used one chemical vendor (Warsaw) for various items around twenty years. I do buy other products from other vendors. Currently getting a lot of my CCP and SS products from Quest.

I really like Scotch Plaid extreme presoak, but the other products not so much. I used to use it as a foam brush in the winter months to get that extra "bite" that most foam brushes don't have.