What's new

How far do you live from your wash?

MudMoney

Reaction score
I live at my wash.This is my second wash that I built an apartment at.My first apartment was 3200 square feet on 2 levels,the building was a car dealership and the first owner converted the garage bays to a wash.I converted the show room and parts dept and offices to living quarters.My second wash was a muffler shop and I used 3 of the bays to build my place.Its not for everybody, sure saves on the expenses.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Distance

I live 90 miles from my SS wash, a 2 hour drive each way.

But, I own a vacation home in the same town so maybe that's cheating.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
well, I thouugt I might win this one but swampdonkey beat me. I live .7 miles via road. About 1000 feet as the crow flies.

jprb

Reaction score
2, 7.5, 17, and 40 miles. 116 mile round trip (or 612,480 ft. in Red's measure). They all seem to far away when someone is there needing assistance.

JPRB

keniniowa

Reaction score
About twelve blocks(not sure how many feet).

I can be woke up from a sound sleep and be there in less than ten minutes. I think that's adequate response time.

There was a house for sale a year ago that actually adjoined my property. The elevation and trees were such that I would have been able to see almost my entire wash without anyone being able to see me. That would have been nice.

When I first got my wash I told a service guy that my idea was to buy 5 or 6 washes in a 20 or so mile radius of my hometown(now these are all dinky washes in dinky towns). He told me that if I wanted to be in the carwash business buy a big one. That the small ones were just as much work and all I'd get done was driving to and from. Three years into it, I agree. There's been a couple washes sell that were originally part of my plan that I didn't even look at.