What's new

How do you refund people?

Bricks

Reaction score
How do you refund people through cryptopay or Worldpay? It should be so simple. I couldn’t hear the lady on the phone because of a rooster crowing so loudly! I swear to god!

Bricks

Reaction score
What the heck does that mean?
When I called the WP number to issue a refund, the lady I talked to had chickens or maybe was working in a chicken coop. There was at least one cock crowing LOUDLY during our conversation. I wish I was making all of this up.

traveler17

Reaction score
How do you refund people through cryptopay or Worldpay? It should be so simple. I couldn’t hear the lady on the phone because of a rooster crowing so loudly! I swear to god!
It’s to much of a pain, I just give them the cash back even if they used a card. It’s so few and far between w the cards. If it was a
Common issue I would do the worldpay route

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've always just sent them a refund check. However, I've recently signed up for the merchant IQ system. It takes a bit of work but you can reverse the charges in their virtual terminal. its a pretty clumsy process where you need to find their transaction ID on cryptopay. You then login to virtual terminal, find the transaction, and there is a "reverse" button.

Bricks

Reaction score
Dogecoin?😉
I've always just sent them a refund check. However, I've recently signed up for the merchant IQ system. It takes a bit of work but you can reverse the charges in their virtual terminal. its a pretty clumsy process where you need to find their transaction ID on cryptopay. You then login to virtual terminal, find the transaction, and there is a "reverse" button.
Thanks for this. My thing is sometimes people will forget to push the button and never complain about it. I watch the cameras and when I see things happen, I like to fix it before they need to complain. I can’t give them cash or check if I never talk to them to get an address.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I try like hell not to give refunds, but give them a Wash Code for a free wash. I've been lucky -- the majority of the time it works real well and everyone's happy. Occaisonally I get someone who says they're from out of town and won't be back, so then I have to send them a check.

DPD36

Reaction score
They have an app called IQ Pay. It is much easier to navigate than the website. As best I can tell you have to wait until the transaction clears (a day or two) before you can see the actual amount charged on the app. It is not perfect, but it beats calling in or using the website.

Bricks

Reaction score
They have an app called IQ Pay. It is much easier to navigate than the website. As best I can tell you have to wait until the transaction clears (a day or two) before you can see the actual amount charged on the app. It is not perfect, but it beats calling in or using the website.
Thanks a bunch! I will get that right now.

slash007

Reaction score
I've had no issues using the website for refunds. I rarely give them out as I try to offer a wash code for the IBA or give them Coinless credits if SS or vac, but if there is a mistake, I just used the virtual terminal on the website and refund. Yesterday I had a customer that used my Profile and it shut down right after it started. He drove off and never called me, but I found the transaction and just refunded his card. I hope he at least notices the refund.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ask people to come by my office at the wash and get some tokens or cash. 90% never come.