What's new

How do you handle this situation?

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I have a Wash World Razor. I was contacted by a customer today that says it has caused scratches on his camaro. I explained to them that it’s a touch free wash and did not make any contact with their vehicle. I have video to prove it even though we know it’s touch free. They did send me pics with scratches on the top side of their spoiler and trunk. I feel there’s going to be a fight before this is over. Anyone have experience with this situation?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
why are you even worried about it if you have a video of the wash functioning properly? Yes, you are always going to get the occasional customer complaint that is not based in fact. It's a great move to have cameras. Save the video In case you have to share it with the insurance company and don't worry about it.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I’m not worried it’s our fault. Because it’s not. I’ll definitely keep the video. Just frustrated. A1D43A35-5935-40D1-A962-BFDF00EA0DDD.jpeg

MEP001

Reaction score
Those scratches are obviously not from any car wash. I've had a similar experience with a customer claiming the foam brush scratched her car. We sent her to our insurance who said we showed no negligence and denied the claim. The crazy lady called and said we took too long and our insurance refused to do anything - lie, it was maybe three days. Last we heard from her was "I'll see you in court!"

Tell him "Sorry, there's no way this machine could have done this." If he tries to fight, let your insurance handle it. That's what you pay them for.

washnshine

Reaction score
Did the customer verbalize how he “thought” your wash scratched his car? In other words, did he see or hear contact? I’m guessing he doesn’t have an answer for that.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Did the customer verbalize how he “thought” your wash scratched his car? In other words, did he see or hear contact? I’m guessing he doesn’t have an answer for that.
Heck no. They said they went to the grocery store and noticed the damage then.

srr5008

Reaction score
We get this quite a bit (WW2.0). I explain to them that our wash is touch free, and that the only way their car could have gotten scratched is if they jumped the rail and hit our equipment. I then usually ask for the time they were in the wash and their license plate #, and explain that I want to check the cameras and make sure THEY didn't damage MY equipment.

That almost always changes their tune, and usually they hang up in a hurry.

washnvac

Reaction score
More bs from idiots trying to blame a car wash for prior damage to their vehicle. Anymore, I just tell them flat out the car wash unit did not do that--end of story. Which part of "touchfree" did this person not understand?

Once anyone threatens legal action, I stop talking altogether-not another word to them. Then it usually just goes away.

Actually that pic looks like they could have dragged the vacuum hose across it.

jack954

Reaction score
easy one. my answer is that i am completely touchless for that reason, there is no possible way for my equipment to scratch anything. if they can’t understand that concept then conversation is over, no refund, and you can’t have the name of my insurance company. good by

JustClean

Reaction score
Once I gave the cleaner of our apartment block a free carwash. She loves her car. She went into the touchless. Weeks later I asked her if she was happy. She said the touchless damaged her car. I went and had a look at her car and she insisted we had little stones or other pieces in our water hitting her car and that was the reason why her car has now all the chips in the paint!?!???
Well, that left me speechless....I mean, how.......
Okay, I saw her again later that day (I had to rectify this as she may walk around and talk rubbish).
I checked the car and asked her how she thinks that the car only had chips at the front and side but not a single one at the back?
Hmm...that got her thinking.
A few weeks later, you wouldn't believe, she came back and used my brush machine. However, this time I really had an issue and the machine left a oily mark on her car that I cleaned off. All fixed now but I think she won't be back. Not a loss at all! Hahaha...

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Well they ended discussion when I told them I would be happy to show them the video of their car being washed and never being touched by our equipment. They said they “trusted my business”. Whatever that means.

Reactions: APW