What's new

How do I get blood out of my seat?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford F-250 with cloth seats. I have what looks to be blood on one of them. I just got on there within the last few days. It doesn't appear to be soaked into the fabric, just more like you were loading a dead body and drug it across the seat. It is dry and I have not attempted to remove it yet. The interior is tan so I want to go at it the right way and not make it worse. Any of you detailers got any advice for this hillbilly from Ky? The self-serve operator in me tells me to use my carpet shampooer on it, but I want advice from the experts before I try that.

soapy

Reaction score
Blood is one of the toughest stains to remove. I would first use some hydrogen peroxide on a clean white towel. Blot the stain and do not rub the stain. Other compounds that may work are diluted ammonia or salt water.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wouldn't use the shampooer on an unknown stain. You can get a small extractor-type upholstery cleaner for about $65 that works really well. If it's really blood, blot it like soapy suggested and then use COLD water with the extractor to rinse it (Hot water will set the stain).

buda

Reaction score
First of all do not put just any chemical on the stain. If you put the wrong chemical on a stain you can "set it" making it impossible to remove.

You therefore need to be absolutely certain what the stain is.

I would get a vapor steamer and put a damp white towel over the stain and plan blast the area with the steamer. That very well might take it out.

If you are certain it is blood buy a stain remover that is "specifically" formulated for blood, not an all purpose stain remover. Put it on the stain, let it dwell and then put in the damp white towel and hit it with the steamer.

Let us know what you did and if it worked.

Bud Abraham

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I'll pass along the same advice I got in similar circumstances: "No more dead stuff in my car, you have a pickup truck for crying out loud!"

buda

Reaction score
I'll pass along the same advice I got in similar circumstances: "No more dead stuff in my car, you have a pickup truck for crying out loud!"
Hummmm??? Things that are alive that would get in your car, don't bleed?

You know you do not have to be dead to bleed.

Just some well intentioned thoughts

BA