What's new

How do I clean my RO tank?

Kari_L

Reaction score
The wash we purchased in May has a Crane Environmental EPRO 3000 reverse osmosis system. We have had so much else to learn, maintain, fix, or update that it just hasn't been our priority to investigate it until now.

The tank is under the equipment room floor. It is very dirty looking. The bottom looks scummy. I can see little bits floating in it. I have attached photos.

How do I go about cleaning it?

Attachments

sparkey

Reaction score
I would start by draining it and taking a shop vac and suck the loose debris out and maybe use a pressure washer on the inside. Looks like there is spare parts and every thing laying in the bottom of the tank. Is this an old superwash site?

Kari_L

Reaction score
I would start by draining it and taking a shop vac and suck the loose debris out and maybe use a pressure washer on the inside. Looks like there is spare parts and every thing laying in the bottom of the tank. Is this an old superwash site?
Thank you. How do I drain it? And how long can I leave it drained without having to worry about any damage or issues with caving in? The lid has a warning not to drain it completely and to refill it immediately if it does drain completely.

What chemicals are safe to clean it with? I have read several things about not putting any chlorine products in there in case the water ever recycles back through the RO system and damages the membranes. Is there anything else I should be concerned about in that area?

I have no idea what all is in there. I found a packing slip floating around in there the other day, and I have no idea what that metal thing on the bottom is. Is that part of the tank?

It was not a SuperWash site. It was built and run independently by the people we purchased it from.

Etowah