What's new

How come you guys haven’t told me about this?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score

I never look forward to building network cables. Until now.
These pass-through RJ45 plugs almost make it fun, with little chance of a miswire or short.
I‘m not affiliated with Klein Tools...just a happy user of a multi-tasking time saver.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
No proprietary wiring with any of those companies but Cat 5e cabling is on the way out and I have been using Cat6 and Cat6a for installations to keep ahead of the curve.

DavidM

Reaction score
I agree, discovering pass through connectors has made life a lot easier. How is that klein tool for stripping cat6? That seems to be my biggest issue now, getting a quick easy strip without cutting into the twisted pairs.

Does anyone have a recommendation on getting watertight connections? I have had some issues there as well.

David

OurTown

Reaction score
How is that klein tool for stripping cat6? That seems to be my biggest issue now, getting a quick easy strip without cutting into the twisted pairs.

David
I have that tool and have that problem sometimes if I'm not careful.

bert79

Reaction score
I agree, discovering pass through connectors has made life a lot easier. How is that klein tool for stripping cat6? That seems to be my biggest issue now, getting a quick easy strip without cutting into the twisted pairs.

Does anyone have a recommendation on getting watertight connections? I have had some issues there as well.

David
I've been packing my connections full of dielectric grease and haven't had a connection issue in more than a year (fingers crossed).