What's new

How and when to apply rain X on a automatic

Kipster

Reaction score
Would like to know the best way to apply rain x on IBA to get the best results

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
If you ride through a conveyor car wash system, you will find Rain-X is part of the rinsing process. Typically, it comes before the last rinse arch or rain manifiold.

So, with an in-bay, you would want to apply Rain-X before the final rinse pass.

However, you would not want to use it as the final pass as in trying to save a cycle.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apply Rain X as your second to last pass. Last pass for me is spot free rinse then blow dry.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You must also consider what is applied before rainx. If you have a foam polish, it must be neutral pH or the rainx will not bond properly.

Etowah

Kipster

Reaction score
First,
I want to thank everyone for thier imputs
Ric
The owner is selling it as an up-grade, and we are putting it on with a booster pump, followed by a hp spot free rinse. The problem I am having is the next customer does not request the up-grade, but you can still see rain X going on the car. I have the pump set at the lowest setting, should I cut the product with RO water or should I have a seperate pump and delivery system for the rain X, or both ?
The other issue is my dry quality,
after the rain X is applied either by selection or not it seems to leave a greater amount of water on the car then with out, again do you think the product is to strong ?

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
As far as usage goes, Ecolab would suggest that you use 1oz per car, however I have set up machines using as little as 1/2oz. This biggest thing is to make sure that you are getting good coverage on the vehicle and also that the vehicle is getting dry. Right now I have 2 machines using Rain-X. They are the exact same machine using the exact same pumps installed a month apart. One pump is set at 60 and the other at 80 and I am using about 22 mils per car.

As far as it getting on the next vehicle, what type of wash do you have? Do you have a way to purge the lines? Do you have the ability to add a separate pump/delivery system? If you are using more than 1oz then there is a possibility that you could leave some on the vehicle.

Kipster

Reaction score
I am working with the Istobal combo wash, and have the pump set at the minimum setting. There is no purge of the line before the same line is used for a different type of product. There is plenty of coverage and I am doing a SF pass with plenty of pressure and coverage. There is room for a separate delivery system for the Rain X and I am working on the lay out of it. I am going to add another pump and 2 spray applicators, which should do the trick, I will let you know how it works