What's new

Hours spent on property

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Fill in the Blank: I spend an average of ________________ hours at my self serve per week

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
2-3 hours a day 1-1.5 in the morning and same in the evening. I have a hired hand that helps look after place also and he’s more of a “drive by check it out” kind of help.

Randy

Reaction score
No more than about 6 or 7 hours a week.

Roz

Reaction score
4-10 hours per week (some weeks more, some less) depending on weather, mud in bays, issues that need to be fixed.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Debra,

Since I have an office at our facility ... a lot of my on site time is spent hopefully doing other productive things ... so does standby alert for the assistant door-intercom (door-fon) to ring count?

BTW ... we took a phone call for one of my competitors who also has automatics. The frantic caller could not find a contact number & was stuck in an automatic because somehow he was too high & was caught on the automatics equipment. We tried to calm him down & told him to try to release enough air out of his tires until he could somehow drive out. We also looked up the competitors phone number for him so he could call the right party. Did we do a good deed ... or what! Hopefully, the good deed will be rewarded somehow someway ... we did lose some precious time on the phone! I do have two employees ... us older & sometimes tired folks have to know our limitations.

Most of the time when competitor's customers call ... in their elevated state of exasperation ... it is related to some issue with the competitor's credit card interface. I am not making this up ...

MEP001

Reaction score
At least 15, most of it cleaning, no hired help. If I could find someone to keep it clean to my satisfaction I'd probably only spend less than three hours a week there.

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Debra,

Since I have an office at our facility ... a lot of my on site time is spent hopefully doing other productive things ... so does standby alert for the assistant door-intercom (door-fon) to ring count?

BTW ... we took a phone call for one of my competitors who also has automatics. The frantic caller could not find a contact number & was stuck in an automatic because somehow he was too high & was caught on the automatics equipment. We tried to calm him down & told him to try to release enough air out of his tires until he could somehow drive out. We also looked up the competitors phone number for him so he could call the right party. Did we do a good deed ... or what! Hopefully, the good deed will be rewarded somehow someway ... we did lose some precious time on the phone! I do have two employees ... us older & sometimes tired folks have to know our limitations.

Most of the time when competitor's customers call ... in their elevated state of exasperation ... it is related to some issue with the competitor's credit card interface. I am not making this up ...
I want to write about this in the next issue!

soapy

Reaction score
I have 3 washes in the same town and my son is now working for me. We usually come in around 6:30 am and stay on duty until around 4 pm. We each do this 5 days a week with a couple of days we are by ourselves. We may not always be on site but are working through the day or traveling between washes. My office is also at one location so I spend more time there. When we have a project to fix we generally do it together. On my days off I usually come in for just a couple of hours in the morning.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Dang guys, I thought CarWashes were supposed to allow freedom...& still make cash.

srr5008

Reaction score
My brother and I probably spend a total of 40 hours at our wash (2 IBA's 2 SS) between the two of us, each week. We also have a helper that cleans and scoops mud in the mornings 5 days a week in addition to the time we spend there.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I'm there usually during the day when I'm not traveling. I have my office above the wash and I take care of a lot of things outside of the wash operations itself. I'm usually gone 1/2 the month.

Of all the businesses I've owned, I've have the most freedom owning the wash. The R/E is the best regarding personal freedom.

Reactions: APW

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
4 to 6 hours during the summer (It was 109 today when I had to clean a bay for hours but that's rare) - fall and spring roughly 10 to 20 hours