What's new

Hotsy to Clean Bay Walls

DPD36

Reaction score
I've been looking at buying a Hotsy hot water pressure washer for some projects around the house/shop. Was curious if anyone has ever used one to clean PVC panels in an IBA. Our current practice in the IBAs is to use a low PH presoak and run a wand off an adjacent bay. Wondering if the Hotsy would work to clean panels without having to mess with spraying presoak and help me justify buying something that I probably don't really need.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've been looking at buying a Hotsy hot water pressure washer for some projects around the house/shop. Was curious if anyone has ever used one to clean PVC panels in an IBA. Our current practice in the IBAs is to use a low PH presoak and run a wand off an adjacent bay. Wondering if the Hotsy would work to clean panels without having to mess with spraying presoak and help me justify buying something that I probably don't really need.
I built a monster HW pressure washer trailer. 47hp Twin Kohler, gear driven pump and hot box. 10gpm at 3500psi and 180 degrees. Still doesn't clean the walls anywhere near as good nor fast as using SA

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I have 3 hotsy washer for my other job. Unfortunately never used just hit water to clean bay walls always with acid....with acid and the hotsy it does the job though.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You might try renting one first? I've often wondered the same thing about using one...My PVC walls are about due again!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
You might try renting one first? I've often wondered the same thing about using one...My PVC walls are about due again!
I wouldn't waste your time.

The HW washer is great for the concrete with either Gold Assassin or SH

kentadel

Reaction score
I apply A.P. Formulator's Clean Wall, let it soak for a minute or 2, and follow with my bay gun. Works great. If you go without cleaning for a year or 2 like I did at a location you may need to hit it twice or even scrub it a bit.

Randy

Reaction score
Be careful when using the A.P. Formulator's Clean Wall it's some pretty dangerous stuff. file:///D:/Users/eagle/Downloads/Klean%20Wall%20SDS%202018.pdf it's best to wear rain gear, rubber gloves when using it.

Etowah