What's new

Hot water for chemicals

Mick

Reaction score
We have a pdq m5. We have a on demand water heater that feeds into a reservoir tank. Water temp is set at 133 F. But The water in the tank is much cooler. Do you guys have any suggestions to keep the water hot? Is it feasible to feed the hot water directly into the chemical pump. Does anyone know what the gallon per minute usage in during a presoak or chemical application?

MEP001

Reaction score
You need an electric immersion heater to keep the water in the tank hot. I wouldn't recommend feeding the hot water directly to the pump because the heater most likely will restrict flow until it comes up to temp, which will starve the pump.

Mick

Reaction score
Do you use the immersion heater in conjunction with the on demand water heater or does the immersion heater replace the on demand water heater? I assume the electric immersion heater would add a significant increase in utility cost?
thanks for the help

sparkey

Reaction score
I have a razor and feed water straight from the Takagi on demand water heater to the pump. No issues for past 5 years. I heat water to 125 degrees.

Mick

Reaction score
I guess i need to figure how many gallons of water is used during soap and wax application donyou guys have any suggestions on how to calculate it?

MEP001

Reaction score
An immersion heater won't add a huge utility cost unless you try and use it to heat the water. Since the gas heater costs much less to operate, it should heat the water and a small immersion heater would only need to keep it hot.

Mick

Reaction score
An immersion heater won't add a huge utility cost unless you try and use it to heat the water. Since the gas heater costs much less to operate, it should heat the water and a small immersion heater would only need to keep it hot.
Ok thanks I’ll look into getting one